Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go Pros on a gimbal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Flying Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregangsten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Go Pros on a gimbal Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In case you don't check the Oz Report here is something worth looking at, I think. A much more dynamic view of things.

https://vimeo.com/133720642
JD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Greg, but ugh! That made me airsick just watching a few seconds of it. There's a guy in Italy who has been doing this longer and offers a system with remote control and remote viewing so you can follow your friend's action too.

Link

I prefer my low-budget harness boot mounted system that pilots have been asking me to revive.

Link
chadness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, it is pretty neat. actually kinda makes the scene look like a staged event with the camera not connected to the glider and a green screen backdrop. but definitely does a better job capturing the feel/motion of maneuvers with is almost completely lost with fixed/stationary mounts. Thx.
JD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

chadness wrote:
yeah, it is pretty neat. actually kinda makes the scene look like a staged event with the camera not connected to the glider and a green screen backdrop. but definitely does a better job capturing the feel/motion of maneuvers with is almost completely lost with fixed/stationary mounts. Thx.
Chad, Let's draw up a crowd-funding campaign and do the following: Build a self-guided UAV that docks itself on top of the keel when not in use. It can recharge from an on-board battery while docked. I would use a flying wing-type design with a motor and folding prop. The software can determine whether power is even needed thus conserving battery life. There are a number of 'drones' already on the market and crowd-funding scene that follow the sports participant around and take stabilized video from any vantage point desired. This way I can do a nice long 5-hour X/C flight and have any portion I choose recorded from any vantage point off of the glider within range. Sound good?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Flying Related All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: