Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Labor Day at Crestline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Labor Day at Crestline Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a movement afoot for a trip to Crestline over Labor Day weekend. It could be a two-day trip, with flying on Saturday and Sunday, and camping overnight at the Cross Country Ranch right next to the LZ. They have a great pond for swimming, a unique shower that gets positive reviews, WiFi, potable water, etc. It's an H3/P3 site, or H2/P2 with instructor approval. One could probably work that out with Rob McKenzie, or maybe with Joe Greblo with a little arm-twisting.

Depending on who's interested, we can arrange car-pooling and glider transport accordingly. Who's in for both days? Or just one day or the other?
TerryH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Noel and I were planning to fly at Andy Jackson on Sunday already.
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Belated Crestline plans Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are the responses I've received...

Possible Saturday/Sunday overnight: Ken, Janyce, Marshall
Saturday only: Katherine, Lisa
Sunday only: Terry, Noel
Maybe Sunday: Don

Given the lukewarm response for the overnight possiblity (and my own overall stress level), I'm fence-sitting about the overnight option, and would be satisfied to fly Crestline on Saturday only. Janyce and Marshall, you could persuade me either way on this one.

This much I do know. Let's plan to meet in the Sylmar LZ at 9:30 on Saturday morning. We'll load gliders and depart 9:45ish, and tradition says that we pick up sandwiches at ToGo's or some equivalent on the way in to Crestline. That puts us in the Andy Jackson LZ a little before noon. Supposing that both Katherine and I drive, that means we have five people and two vehicles, so running a turn-around would be straightforward. Then one or both vehicles returns to Sylmar on Saturday evening.

Whaddyathink?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: