Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Labor Day in the Owens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregangsten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Labor Day in the Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If nobody is going to Dinosaur, is anyone up for an Owens Valley trip over Labor Day weekend? I'd like to go, weather permitting.
mrobin604

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Labor Day in the Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gregangsten wrote:
If nobody is going to Dinosaur, is anyone up for an Owens Valley trip over Labor Day weekend? I'd like to go, weather permitting.

I'm in... I don't think I can swing a big road trip to Dinosaur this year after all, so Owens sounds great.
gregangsten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If coming, decide if you want to camp or stay in Lone Pine. If you want a room, check out the Dow hotel or wherever because they will fill up, if they aren't already.
I'll probably be in Tuttle Creek.
mario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also interested in going, weather permitting.
MikeL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am also interested.

'Hardcore' ( Rolling Eyes ) Mike
mario

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just realized that one must be an H4 to fly Walt's Point Embarassed Rolling Eyes (for obvious reasons) so maybe I'll just go to camp and chase.
Another reason to get my 4 Wink
mrobin604

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You only need an H3 to fly the morning. H4 is for midday!
Steve90266

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kia flys the Owens most every weekend. He says that you can launch as early as 8:30 AM or 9 and still get a great flight! Probably a good idea to launch early for H-3s.
gregangsten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Owens valley trip meeting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's meet this Saturday afternoon after flying and discuss things. Try to make it if you are interested in going next weekend.
Fat Fred

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am trying to get away myself so I would like to coordinate with the Owens group if possible. I have a driver.

-Fred-
gregangsten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Life in the Owens Valley Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rat on Fred, you may be the one(s) to keep this trip alive. I would drive up early Friday and could show the nearby LZs to anyone who hasn't been there yet.
Dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far weather looks good for both Saturday and Sunday. I will try to fly at least 1 day. Where do you plan stay? Tuttle Creek?
Alex
gregangsten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still planning to go up. Probably drive up Saturday morning and fly Sunday and Monday, assuming I can work it out up there. If not, I'll read, float and hike.
vannoppen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to but it is my anniversary. Isn't the Crestline event the week after
gregangsten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: smoked out Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just got a report from Arthur in Independence. The valley is smoked out, evidently from fires east of Fresno. He's heading for Mingus.\
Oh well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: