Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 Spring Air Task Race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Flying Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: 2016 Spring Air Task Race Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Various animated track graphics, commentary + video from my left wing camera. Race details here: http://www.shga.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5205

Note: I changed the edit to put the recap at the end instead of the front.
Enjoy! Jonathan

Link

Last edited by JD on Mon May 09, 2016 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
chadness

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sweet video. thanks for pulling this all together.
JD

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

chadness wrote:
sweet video. thanks for pulling this all together.
Thanks Chad. It was a fun afternoon and a good task call. I changed the edit of the video to move the 9-second recap intro to the back. Now it begins up on launch after a brief flash of all the tracks.
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, kept everyone safe, but provided a challenging task for those that were willing to give it a go. Nice job "hanging" in there.

Thanks for the video too!
JD

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chip wrote:
Yep, kept everyone safe, but provided a challenging task for those that were willing to give it a go. Nice job "hanging" in there.

Thanks for the video too!
I'm real happy with that course. I'm so used to getting my butt whupped that I honestly believed I was near the bottom and decided to use the day to work on patience and technique--which are in limited supply in my quiver. In the future I'd like to mount cameras on multiple gliders. The keel top mount has no effect on handling an adds minimal drag. Otherwise I'll have to just fly with all 3 of my Hero2 cameras to get more scenes. Philldor was the most photogenic and gave us several nice cameos. Wink
Thanks,
DQ who managed not to...
mrobin604

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice video! Thanks Jonathan Smile
JD

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mrobin604 wrote:
Nice video! Thanks Jonathan Smile
My pleasure Marshall!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Flying Related All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: