Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SpringAir 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Comp Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: SpringAir 2017 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great weather, great racing, very nice turn out. Thank you for everyone that helped in any way. Has to be one of the best clubs in the nation. I'm happy to be part of this club.

Congrats to the top three open class pilots that all finished within 30 seconds of each other. I led much of the race, although it was mainly from below until the last lap where I finally had to start digging myself out of the hole I raced myself into, but one of my best finishes.

I'll have the animation up soon.

Results for the SA 2017 (click on the links)
Open
Track Logs for Open

Sport
Track Logs for Sport

Chad your restart of the task was not recorded correctly as a result of a current bug in FS. The bug has been there for some time. The bug as described shows up when the race is started and the pilot continues to the first way point and then chooses to restart the task after reaching the first WP. Only 29 points deducted, not really enough to change any places.

Notice Will actually flies a little faster than I but because I took the first start and I led most of the task (yes, even though I did the course low), I was awarded leading points and beat him. Lesson, always take the first start if you can.
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Link Fixed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Typo for the sport track logs and now cannot edit due to fast cgi error, so here's the updated link to the track logs for the sport class

Track Logs for Sport
jdevorak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you Jeff. Part of the enjoyment is in seeing exactly how I did and how I could have done better.
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's an animation of the top four pilots that were pretty much leading the race. Top 3 all finish within 30 seconds of each other.

Link
BudRob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap that finish was close. First and second were separated by only ONE second. Thanks for the animation Chip!
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another nice thing for some perspective, I've converted the track logs and included them into a Google earth file. You can see all of the track logs for the open class overlaid on Google earth. I've also made the cylinders for the course so you can see the boundaries of the waypoints and the entry start.

2017 Sylmar Spring Air Open Class GE Overlay

Save this to your desktop, if your browser opens it, then right click the URL and choose save as.
mrobin604

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like Mike and I need to trade mugs, according to these results!
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, one more animation here. Thanks to OP for turning me on to this site a long time ago Cool

Use Chrome for the best experience

http://doarama.com/view/1321749
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Comp Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: