Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First aid kits in the LZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Safety and Incidents in flight
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: First aid kits in the LZ Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Janyce asked me to post the following (and thank you for doing this job!):

Janyce has informed me that she has gone through the numerous first aid collections and condensed them. They are in clearly labeled drawers in the storage cabinet facing the tractor. It is not locked during the day. It is important that everyone knows where First Aid is and how to access it.

Steve90266

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: First Aid Kit Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. Kudos to Janyce! I'm trying to locate a used but functional AED to add to the collection.

Janyce, if you know of something we are missing, please let me know and I will find it.
NME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Hook Knives Save Lives. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope there's a hook knife in the first aid station. It's imperative to be able to cut a pilot way from a crashed glider without disturbing the pilot for risk of spinal cord injury. It may also be necessary to cut a pilot out of his/her harness and clothing while waiting for paramedics to respond.

In fact there should not be any pilots flying from Sylmar without a hook knife attached to their harness where it can be readily accessed by either the pilot or by a rescuer. In this case there doesn't need to be a hook knifein the first aid station although these are cheap insurance.
jcflies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: We need a Hook Knife! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JD offers some good advice. At the very least, we should have one hanging on the inside of the door, right next to a sign that says, "Hook Knife!" If someone supplies the knife, I will create the sign and attach a hook. I have not assembled, and probably will not assemble, a Portable First Aid Kit. I will leave that in some other pilot's capable hands; however, I am more than happy to be responsible for the upkeep and restocking of the basic bins. Have a look when you are in the lz. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions!

Thanks so much!

"You HAVE to make it..."
NME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: We need a Hook Knife! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jcflies wrote:
JD offers some good advice. At the very least, we should have one hanging on the inside of the door, right next to a sign that says, "Hook Knife!" If someone supplies the knife, I will create the sign and attach a hook. I have not assembled, and probably will not assemble, a Portable First Aid Kit. I will leave that in some other pilot's capable hands; however, I am more than happy to be responsible for the upkeep and restocking of the basic bins. Have a look when you are in the lz. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions!

Thanks so much!

I have an extra hook knife that I'll bring out next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Safety and Incidents in flight All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: