Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling USHPA's Bluff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhmartens

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a test of the reinstated politics section of the forum.
Before I post the Grand Series Final of The Bob Show with 10 years of the series and several movies which are sold into syndication, much like Seinfeld/Simpsons and played as reruns.
I will post a teaser of a small segment of the plot and cut footage.
When we left off Hang Gliding had been relinquished to operate only at native American reservations. The last act of the banned Ushpa was to take their rrrg money and budget to the last penny and establish a flying site in the Malibu Chumash reservation.

Link

Link

The Ushpa executive committee even sold off their personal assets to purchase a stealth hang glider transport vehicle to transport hang gliders between Indian reservations without attracting too much attention from the authorities.

This caution was taken after the Pasadena Hang glider seizure law had been expanded to all 50 states.

Blockbuster full plot posting to follow later.
Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great shot of the hang glider on a police car. Is there a story to go with the photo?

By the way, I started this topic about 15 months ago after Ken had written to another pilot behind my back:

Ken Andrews on April 16th, 2016 wrote:
I've told Bob many times that if he would stop attacking Torrey and USHPA, then I would work to get his membership reinstated so that he could fly at USHPA sites again. So far, Bob has refused my offers.

So I challenged Ken to spell out his conditions in writing. I knew very well that when he began to get into the details he'd realize that such a gag order was ridiculous. Here was my prediction from the very first post in this topic:

Bob Kuczewski on April 18th, 2016 wrote:
Ken's a smart guy, and it will be interesting to see how he handles this one. My guess is that USHPA (and Tim Herr) will urge him to find an excuse to avoid answering altogether. That's my prediction. But like I said, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Now we've seen "what happens". My prediction was correct. Ken could never spell out his terms because they would reveal the unconstitutional gag order (can't testify in court, can't speak at City Council) that U$HPA imposes on us in return for our ability to fly at what Ken calls "USHPA sites".

The waters were pretty muddy during my expulsion "trial". I had been arrested a few times based on claims by the Torrey business, and those charges were still outstanding at that time. But two years have passed now and the waters are crystal clear. All charges were dropped, and I can go to Torrey Pines whenever I want. But I can't fly because USHPA's expulsion has not been reversed. Regional Director Ken Andrews remains silent on the injustice.
gregangsten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: squad car rack Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'll second that. Where is this from?
NME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: squad car rack Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gregangsten wrote:
Yeah, I'll second that. Where is this from?

You mean this?

Link

I regret not following the clouds to the East. I especially regret not replacing the AAAs in my Garmin Geko. I'll bet if Bob, Doug and I all flew OTB as a team we would have made it up the 15 and past Baker. Of course, had we all landed in Horsethief Canyon there'd have been a human trophy tied to the front bumper of that cruiser. It really does pay to listen and get along with people regardless of their status, position, beliefs and prejudices. Without such qualities, it's difficult to fly X/C and especially to get retrieved in a manner that allows continued flying privileges.
dhmartens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bob, maybe Ushpa is waiting to see the outcome of the RFP before reinstating your insurance. Now, getting back to off topic.

And now we introduce a new maniacal villain, or savior (depending on your perspective).
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.

Wilbur's Super hero power is that he yields "Provision 232", The ability to block Aluminum imports so important to Hang Glider construction and spares.

Link

The Carbon Fiber industry would love this but in the short term we would have to find inventive ways to build and repair hang gliders.

to be continued.....
Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dhmartens wrote:
Bob, maybe Ushpa is waiting to see the outcome of the RFP before reinstating your insurance.

That's a nice thought, but the RFP outcome has no bearing on whether USHPA should be expelling people for testifying in court, speaking at their City Council meetings, or starting their own hang gliding association.

dhmartens wrote:
Now, getting back to off topic.

You forgot one of my favorites:

NME (Jonathan Dietch) wrote:
I'll bet if Bob, Doug and I all flew OTB as a team we would have made it up the 15 and past Baker. Of course, had we all landed in Horsethief Canyon there'd have been a human trophy tied to the front bumper of that cruiser.

"human trophy tied to the front bumper"

Is that a threat of some sort Jonathan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: