Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2017 Dahlsten Cup Results Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Comp Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: 2017 Dahlsten Cup Results Discussion Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey folks (Chippy, JD, et. Al.):

have the total tracks been uploaded somewhere? What about some more post comp analysis, like an animated track video? Also what about any on-board flight video? I have some, nothing great, but will share when ready.

Gotta take the opportunity to thank the significant contributors to the event. To the folks helping out before/during/after the event, and all the planning that goes into a great event like this. We all know who you are. You make this thing happen. Thanks.
NME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll email you all the tracks if you like.
I'll give you my personal report:
I was flying like a hero until I ate shit.
The End
NME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: 2D & 3D Animation of the race Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This version didn't work. See my next post for the revised edit.

Last edited by NME on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Dahlsten 2017 track logs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool; thanks! It's a challenge to distinguish each of those colors, but I'll study it; I bet there's lots to learn here.
NME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Dahlsten 2017 track logs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ken Andrews wrote:
Cool; thanks! It's a challenge to distinguish each of those colors, but I'll study it; I bet there's lots to learn here.

I re-edited the tracklog video this time showing only the top 10 finishers at 20X and I combined 2D with 3D plus I notate the pilots' times as they complete the task and mention which took the 2nd start. Hopefully this helps.

Link
chadness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pulled together some of the footage of the staging gaggles during the Dahlsten. The wide angle GoPro makes everything appear far away, but we had some nice gaggles going.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/pf8Gym-Lx10[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/pf8Gym-Lx10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Comp Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: