Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ken Andrews is a tall and brave pilot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Torrey Hawks Renewal Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just spoke to Joe Greblo earlier this evening. He'd been asking about the Torrey Hawks Chapter and that got me digging into USHPA's failure to renew our Chapter Status under Ken's watch (in the spring of 2016). Here's part of what I just sent to Joe:

Bob wrote:
Our President (Brian McMahon) had sent in all the paperwork (because I wasn't a USHPA member). I ended up writing to Ken about it on May 26, 2016:

Bob wrote:
"Ken, it's quite possible that USHPA will try to avoid renewing our Chapter status out of spite. They got away with expelling me for no reason, and they may do the same with our club's renewal. If that ends up being the case, will you help us with our renewal?"

Ken replied the next day (May 27th, 2016):

Ken wrote:
"Bob and all,

I expect that the USHPA office will process your chapter renewal without problem. If you encounter any further difficulty, let me know, and I’ll do what I can to help.

-Ken"

USHPA didn't renew our Chapter and Ken did nothing. He said "let me know, and I'll do what I can to help" but he didn't keep his word.

My question to Ken was clear: "If [USHPA refuses], will you help us with our renewal?"

Ken's answer was also very clear: "... let me know, and I’ll do what I can to help." Ken sent that reply to myself, our club President (Brian McMahon), and to two observers (Joe Faust and Frank Colver).

So what did Ken Andrews actually "do to help"? Ken, would you like to field that question?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: