Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Owens Valley over Memorial Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregangsten

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Owens Valley over Memorial Day Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone want to go? I'm planning to head for Lone Pine for Memorial Day weekend and probably stay at Tuttle Creek. Dave VanNoppen is in and Kia and some PG friends of his also. One or two more and we'll look into a driver.
vannoppen

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Owens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I have to reach out to the Crestline crowd to get more takers
gregangsten

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Owens flying Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We got what we expected last weekend and that was a lot of north wind but still a good time in a marvelous place. We did manage a flight on the last day from the north end of the Alabama Hills into a light north wind and with an LZ that looks like it was made for us. It was fun trying something new. Not the greatest launch but very doable in north winds.
Dave Van N and I made a couple low saves (Dave was unzipped) but then we got up, flew over the Hills and landed at the airport with some gliders that launched Walt's.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqgrmkd4s8ybdxp/Alabama%20launch.jpg?dl=0[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/st2ua708byis9f3/Dave%26TheCarThatCould.jpg?dl=0[/img]

(someone tell me how to make the images right)
JD

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Owens flying Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gregangsten wrote:
...(someone tell me how to make the images right)
AFAIK Dropbox doesn't allow image hosting. It's a file sharing service that allows a link to the image but not an embed.
All you can post is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqgrmkd4s8ybdxp/Alabama launch.jpg
and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/st2ua708byis9f3/Dave%26TheCarThatCould.jpg
BTW - I really like that second photo.
gregangsten

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Memorial Day weekend Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jonathan, I just knew you would be the one to reply to my query. Thanks.
JD

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day weekend Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gregangsten wrote:
Jonathan, I just knew you would be the one to reply to my query. Thanks.
I'd prefer the old way with Orian being our BBS tech guy. Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: