Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New sport in Europe emerging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Non-Flying related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: New sport in Europe emerging Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks cool ..... but kinda crazy Surprised

I wonder what the people he was passing were thinking as he went by?

Link
abinder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that's something that I'd love to do!!!!

Looks almost as fun as ridin' my Busa!!!!!

(how did you imbed that video Chip?)
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Modded the forum some time ago Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A while ago I modded the forum to allow for youtube imbedded videos. You first need to add the url link

Then you highlight the entire link and click on the YouTube BBCode tag above in the editing view. That will put the tags around the link. The forum will do the rest.

It will look like this
Code:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZCCrpVB5bFc[/youtube]
JD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New sport in Europe emerging Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chip wrote:
...........I wonder what the people he was passing were thinking as he went by?...........
Video simulations don't think. Maybe we can use the same software to make a video of hang gliding through LAX?
abinder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New sport in Europe emerging Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Chip for the info.

NMERider wrote:
Video simulations don't think. Maybe we can use the same software to make a video of hang gliding through LAX?

Huh? Are you saying that the video isn't real? Sure looks real to me.
abinder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That "31 roller suit" kinda makes it look like a human version of the Skeleton event that they have in the Winter Olympics!!!!

Sure looks like a blast!!!
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Believe it Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So do you have some reason to believe this is faked? Did you look at the other videos about the same guy? Looks like a lot of work to fool somebody.

Hard to believe this is a fake. I don't believe this is anything but the real deal.

How about this one? Is this not true either?

Link
abinder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree Chip. I truly believe that the '31 roller suit' videos aren't faked. Now where can I get one of those suits?

As far as the 'flying squirrel' suit, you won't catch me in one of those things because I just don't trust my life with having to use a parachute all of the time. At least with a hang glider I can see the condition of the hang glider before 'jumping off' the mountain. Just don't trust something popping out of a 'backpack' every time. Surprised

Yea!!!!!!!! Let's get some of those '31 roller suits'!!!!!!!
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Non-Flying related All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: