Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MULCH.(NOT WOOD CHIPS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Club Projects / Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rome Dodson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: MULCH.(NOT WOOD CHIPS) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HOW ABOUT ORDERING MORE MULCH FOR LINEING THE NORTH L/Z. RAMP. IT'S A SHAME TO JUST LET THAT TRACTOR JUST SIT THERE. . P.S. DIRT ALSO ROME
stebbins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as we aren't making a fire hazard, I think this is a great idea. We need more soil in the grass, on the dirt, etc. The more real soil we have the better: Less water used to keep things green. Fewer rocks to get hurt on. Less dust where there is dirt.

But no more wood chips! *

* In all fairness, I must admit that I was a wood-chip fan before the previous fire. That's because I thought they were only laying them a few inches deep (as is required by fire code, and as they said they would do.) Silly me. I forgot human nature (laziness.) There were places where they were feet deep! Even so, the fire showed that even a thin layer isn't so good in our area. Yes, I was wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Club Projects / Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: