Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 Dahlsten Cup Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Comp Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chip
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: 2012 Dahlsten Cup Results Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats to all the winners.

Gets easier every year to score this comp. Rob got lucky that I had another program to download his track log since something in his instrument is causing an error in attempting to download via GPSDump. A GREAT reason to DUMP all track logs before a comp. That's what you'll need to do Rob!

Using Naviter SeeYou, I was able to download his track log and then save it to import into FAI's FS scoring program. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to validate the track of the obvious winner. In the end it all worked out.

Phill Bloom was really out in the lead on the first leg and many people on the ground enjoyed the drama that ensued when we saw him denied at the 1500 (but we were all routing for you Phildor). When we saw Phill turn back, our next cheering action went towards Jim Thompson. Jim had a little trouble getting up at locals on the first leg. It was all decided at locals on the first leg. Leading points made it impossible to make up the difference.

Still it was a good race even though the day turned out to be better than we feared as a result of the high clouds.

Shout out to Frank who has been improving every year.

Nice job Adam for nailing the spot, yet again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Comp Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: