Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fyi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rome Dodson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: fyi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you (like me) have an inquireing mind. im sure you must have pondered what the very thin cable on the very top of the giant high tention towers carring electricity is for. it's the only wire with no insulators. what could they be for? i finally found out, i asked ace electritian mallery & he told me they were ground wires ,they keep the towers from electrocuting anyone who touches them,they also keep lightning from striking the power cables. and now you know!! rome p.s. no spell check
OSCAR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: groundwire Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for sharing ,I didn't know that. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Rome Dodson immortalized ... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rome Dodson immortalized on the Sylmar forum.

It's nice to see the posts of people no longer with us. This little snippet from Rome is a perfect example.

A few years back, the Crestline forum was "restarted" and the old posts were lost. If the Sylmar club ever "upgrades" their forum, I sincerely hope they'll preserve the rich heritage that's contained in these posts.

Thanks Rome!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: