Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ken Andrews is a tall and brave pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhmartens

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Ken Andrews is a tall and brave pilot Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OP had published satire under my name that represented Ken Andrews as the opposite as he is in reality as a form of satire but a new pilot may be confused.
Ken is one of the tallest pilots I know, has served as president of SHGA, Created the Adventure Pass, Helped organize the Falcon League, demonstrated towing up a Falcon in the Pacoma wash days after the Jean Lake accident and most bravely he has run and been elected as a USHPA regional director after an incident when one has been recalled for being ahead of his time. It is funny and satirical that Ken would be comically referred to as being the opposite as he actually is.

That being said it is possible Ken has become "One of Them" after being elected as a regional director.

You will have to determine this for your self, see imdb "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

I have the greatest respect for Ken, but USHPA should know the California Economy is now rated as the 5th largest economy in the world, Brazil and France fell,the only larger economies are:
U.S., China, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Be careful when you tread here.

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You must be speaking satirically, Doug. You're the one who's demonstrably become one of "them."

Ken remains, as always, incorruptible.
dhmartens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jim you are very perceptive.

I will become one of them once my new ipad/iphone/ios app is complete.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Where is Teacher Tom when you need him. His associate Ms. Pennyworth has assigned her 7th grade web development class: Create a webpage that recreates a national flying organization.
Allow selection of insurance from a marketplace, allow online and GPS verifiable web based simulation and training,
and 3rd party verifiable rating system.

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/motorcycle-insurance-results.php

Link

The part missing is getting a sample of Greblo's brain tissue and melding it with a computer chip.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/06/060602172512.htm

Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Ken... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too have had great respect (and hope) for Ken.

Ken knows - as most do - that my expulsion was unjustified. But he's done nothing.

Ken is also aware that USHPA is not renewing our Torrey Hawks chapter even though we have been a chapter since 2007 and have met all requirements. So far he's done nothing there either.

I don't know who is pulling Ken's strings, but it is disappointing to see a good man lose his integrity so quickly.
rebardan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Ph test Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps your methodology needs reconsideration.
Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ph test Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rebardan wrote:
Perhaps your methodology needs reconsideration.

Spoken by another USHPA Director who inspired great hope but delivered ... nothing.

Can you tell us, Dan, what was your major accomplishment at USHPA? What did you do that would have been different without you?

Nothing to say on that?

I'm not trying to be hard on you Dan. The USHPA insiders have rigged the game to keep you (or Ken) from exerting any real influence in the organization. They let directors do superficial things like give out awards to keep everyone happy. But try to do something real (like voting records, due process, or a balanced Soaring Council) and you meet the brick wall.

So far Ken is on track to follow in the great achievements of other hopefuls like Bill Helliwell, Alan Crouse, and yourself. Your collective legacy is the lost insurance policy that had been earned through the decades and squandered under your watch.

It's not a methodology problem. It's a backbone in the boardroom problem.
Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let me add one more comment about insurance...

The whole notion of insurance is based on the statistics that bad things sometimes happen. Insurers deal with that every day. It's random chance and statistics.

What scares insurers - and should - is systemic failures in an organization's management of risk. That's what they saw at Torrey in the spring 2015 settlement of the Hamby case. They pulled the insurance plug shortly afterward.

USHPA's response was to brainwash its members and then shoot the messenger. What was your response?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Politics of flying All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: