Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index Sylmar Hang Gliding Association
Get High...Go Far...Tell Us About It

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

La Salina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregangsten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: La Salina Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a long time since we've made trips down to La Salina. The flying sucks here now so let's go. MLK weekend, for those who actually get a day off, is January 14-16. Nurit and I, along with Ken Manatt and Nina, have rooms reserved at La Fonda. Francisco is also committed. Even if the flying isn't good, it's a great place to hang for a weekend and your wife will even come, so get out your passport and do it. Just a mile or so from the road up to launch.

The "Original" La Fonda https://www.facebook.com/Dmytris-Original-La-Fonda-654200337983612/

Dial 01152.646.155.0872
gregangsten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Danny B. and Gabriella, Jose and Cludy are also in. Looking good.
Susko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am interested in going. Will it be possible to get a glider (and a body) ride? I'm willing to split gas and buy more than my fair share of rounds of beverages. I still need to book a room, but I was going to wait until I see what happens with my ride situation.
gregangsten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Joe Greblo tells me he and Kris are coming along with some H2s. They'll be at Baja Seasons, another place to stay that is right at the flying site.
Bob Kuczewski

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Forecast? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a great ridge site, and I've enjoyed past trips with SHGA friends at La Salina. Very Happy

However, the forecast for this weekend at Torrey (below) looks petty bad.. Does anyone know if the forecast at La Salina is any better?

If not, is there any consideration of postponement?

Seven day forecast at Torrey:
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wxtables/index.php?lat=32.887659962079&lon=-117.25296020508&table=custom&duration=7&interval=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sylmar Hang Gliding Association Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: