Looking for Kagel Launch Brush Cleanup Work Party

Look here for ongoing projects and volunteer opportunities the SHGA is working on. Members may also submit any ideas they have.
msoultan

Looking for Kagel Launch Brush Cleanup Work Party

Post by msoultan »

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to arrange a group to go up to the Kagel launch and help clear the brush down below launch. It's starting to get pretty tall and grab at Fred's feet ;)

The plan is to go up to launch early in the morning and mow down as much brush as we can at both the HG and PG launches. I was planning on renting a brush cutter (like a weed whacker, but with a blade) and bringing a friend's chainsaw. Andy says he has a weed whacker and if other people have power/hand tools that they can bring, that would be awesome. I'm thinking that if we're able to get a good crew up on the mountain, we can finish this in a couple hours and then go for a noon flight.

So, first, I'd like to get an idea of who can come, what power/hand tools you could bring, and let me know your availability for a Saturday or Sunday morning cleanup. Also, if you have a fire extinguisher that you can bring, please indicate that as well. I think Joe has a few, but I would rather have more to be on the safe side.

I'm thinking of going for this weekend (6/25-6/26), but it might be too soon to get a group together. However if I get enough people that are willing to help, I'll plan it. Otherwise I'm looking at doing it on the weekend of 7/9-7/10 because next weekend is fourth of July weekend.

I am planning on bringing the following:
- brush cutter
- chain saw (and chain saw oil)
- 5g of gas
- 2g of 2-stroke premix gas
- extra premix oil

Thanks!
Mike