How many Sylmar Hang Gliding Association.com-s are there?...

Having problems with this site? Have Suggestions? Can't login? Check here for possible solutions. Anonymous postings ARE NO LONGER allowed here (thanks to the AUTO-BOTS spamming us).

Vrezh

How many Sylmar Hang Gliding Association.com-s are there?...

Post by Vrezh »

How many Sylmar Hang Gliding Association. com-s are there you think?
Well, Google it!
The old site is still there. Even Windsports' SHGA link will take you there.
It has the picture of my glider on the first page, which I like of course, but looks like the world has no way to tell the two apart, since there are posts dated March' 06.
Will someone fix it?(Please)
Vrezh.
Chip
Site Admin

Might not be "completely" fixable

Post by Chip »

Will someone fix it?(Please)
In a sense, it is fixed. shga.com and shga.org will send you to our new web page.

However search engines such as yahoo & google will search and index sites that have SHGA anywhere on the page unless the site owner or web designer stops that kind of web crawling in the coding of the site.

When it comes to links on someone elses page (like WindSports), it's up to the owner of the site (the site that has the links pointed in the wrong direction) to keep the links up to date. In the case of Windsports I found 2 links (one on the staff page and one on the FAQ page at the bottom) that still point to the old site. I can only assume that this was before the club registered shga.com and shga.org.

In those cases the shga administrator MAY contact the owner of the site and ask them to update the links, but the owner is under no obligation to do so.