Forum Functionality on a Mac

Having problems with this site? Have Suggestions? Can't login? Check here for possible solutions. Anonymous postings ARE NO LONGER allowed here (thanks to the AUTO-BOTS spamming us).

Chip
Site Admin

Forum Functionality on a Mac

Post by Chip »

After hearing about the potential issues regarding Mac's and the forum, I looked at the default browser and it's functionality on a Mac running 10.3.9 (best the little G3 can do) and Safari.

It's my conclusion that Safari is really not the best browser for this board. When I installed Firefox, it was significantly faster than Safari. At the Getty we make sure we have both browsers for this very reason.

Recomendation: :!:
If you gotta use a Mac, then make sure you're using Firefox for the SHGA board at least.
lswendt

Macintosh browsers

Post by lswendt »

I run a Mac for my business and haven't had any particular issues with the Pilot Forum. Where I have had an issue was with Windsports KagelCam. The streaming video doesn't work in Safari but does work in Firefox. Unusual since Safari seems to be the "browswer of choice" for Macs and Greblo runs them at the shop.

Same issue with NOAA's interactive plot. It's only usable on Firefox and Netscape. Since Microsoft hasn't written Netscape for OSX, I prefer Firefox.

lw