Server Time?

Having problems with this site? Have Suggestions? Can't login? Check here for possible solutions. Anonymous postings ARE NO LONGER allowed here (thanks to the AUTO-BOTS spamming us).

JT

Server Time?

Post by JT »

Chip, have you noticed that the clock is still on PDST? It doesn't matter much but I thought that the time changes were pretty much incorporated into the software these days.
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Hadn't noticed till you brought it up :oops: . After checking the administration page (configuration). It appears there's no automatic setting for DST (Daylight Savings Time). The time zone was set for GMT-7, I moved it to GMT-8.

It should be OK now. :roll:
JT

Post by JT »

Looks the same to me tonight, Chip. It reads 10:50 but it's only 09:50.
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Look at your post, it says 9:52 pm. Looks OK to me. Sure your computer is OK? Maybe it's in a different time zone, like AZ. :roll:

And I'll use these emoticons all I want, thank you very much :!:
JT

Post by JT »

This is odd, Chip. On my computer the Windows time is 1800. The index page says it's 1900. And when I look at my message post time right above your message, it says 10:52 (2252); yours is 0323. I submitted this and it shows a post time of 07:04pm. I edited this in afterward.
Chip
Site Admin

Unable to duplicate

Post by Chip »

Jim,

As you probably know, I have many computers at my disposal. I've checked with Windows XP, Windows Vista, SUSE Linux, and Macintosh OS X 10.5.

I haven't been able to duplicate the problem on any computer so far. I'll check at work too but I think the outcome will be the same.

Take a look here.
Christian

Post by Christian »

It's 9:29 but this message says posted time 10:29.
Chip
Site Admin

Guys here what I see

Post by Chip »

Still cannot duplicate.

Look here to see what I see. So now I've checked with the computers at work too and all show the right time.

Here's the screenshot of the message Christian put up. I suspect that "maybe" you guys are not getting updates to your computer systems (is that possible?).

I had a few others verify they see the time correctly as well.
Don

Server time

Post by Don »

I'm having the same result - I posted at 12:57 and the Forum says 1:57.

Over course in a couple months it won't matter again! :?
Chip
Site Admin

Fixed ........ er, sort of

Post by Chip »

Finally found the problem. :( It's a user setting, explains why I have always seen the time correctly. When the accounts affected were created, the default time zone was set to GMT - 7 (effectively putting you in AZ).

I've changed the accounts of those that reported the issue (pays to whine, right Jim).

I've got more to do seeing how there's 180 user accounts. I'll seek a better way to modify the accounts in batch mode.

In the mean time deal with it. I don't think most people care what time the post was created unless your trying to co-ordinate rides (but that's better done via the telephone anyway).

Thanks to all of those of you that care so much :?
jsc1959

Post by jsc1959 »

or if the user really cares they can go into their own profile and change the timezone to -8... worked for me.. and makes chip happy

jeff
Don

Post by Don »

jsc1959 wrote:or if the user really cares they can go into their own profile and change the timezone to -8... worked for me.. and makes chip happy

jeff

That's fine for those that are "Computer Inclined" - for others like myself - I'm lucky I know where the on/off switch is. I'm sorry the "o"/"1" switch. :?
JT

Post by JT »

Don, that would be O and |, right?

Chip, I wasn't whining, Whining sounds something like "honey, it still won't work for me. Can't you do anything to fix it? I can't possibly use it like this."

And: You're right: I don't really care about the time. I haven't even reset my 5030 time. Thanks for the time to figure it out, though.
Chip
Site Admin

Glad I could help

Post by Chip »

I know your not whining, but I couldn't resist. :wink: