Santa Paula Airshow - HG pressence?

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

addicted2climbing

Santa Paula Airshow - HG pressence?

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hey All,

The Santa Paula airshow will be next weekend and its such a small quaint airport that it may attract more of a local crowd than a huge airshow. Anyhow, I was curious if it woudl be worth it for the club to have a display with an HG. Maybe it woudl drum up interest in a few local people to take lessons... It may be too late to coordinate this, but maybe its an idea worth looking into.

For those that ar enot familiar with SP airport its a great place to walk around and see all sorts of old vintage planes. Also its not your typical airshow full of jets. It smore grass roots flying which is what I prefer to see. Also usualy peoples hangars are open and there is a lot of interesting stuff to see.

Marc
lswendt

Post by lswendt »

Another great airshow at a small airport is the Camarillo Air Show. That's the following weekend, August 21-22.

There are always really cool vintage WWII planes that fly in the show and it looks like the aerobatic helicopter pilot I saw a couple of years ago is back. There are also several of the planes you can get rides in. A few years ago they had an old Ford Tri-motor they were giving rides in. How can you beat three engines pushing a corrugated steel plane through the air.

There's also a fairly large representation of experimental aircraft on the tarmac to see. There's an ultralight school there too. It's always a fun show.

Here's the link: http://www.wingsovercamarillo.com/