Blackhawk on Labor Day!!

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Malury

Blackhawk on Labor Day!!

Post by Malury »

How many of you would like to go fly XC at Blackhawk on Labor Day?
I for one.

I am willing to take my vehicle up but I don't have a driver as of Friday night. Perhaps Erwin or Adam's brother. I'll ask Erwin by email tonight.

Right now the plan is to meet at Sylmar at 8 AM.
I am open to suggestions or leadership from anyone.

Malury

Post by Malury »

Due to the underwhelming response by pilots, lack of a driver and iffy weather, this excursion is canceled. We'll do it another time.
greblo

Post by greblo »

We're meeting at my house at 7:50 am or out at the Mitsubishi cement plant on Hwy 18 at 10 am. Blackhawk is a go.

joe
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

So how did it go? I heard you guys on the radio (From Crestline) talking about N Las Vegas! Let's hear it! (Clearly I should have flown earlier and stayed East!)
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
JD

Post by JD »

stebbins wrote:So how did it go? I heard you guys on the radio (From Crestline) talking about N Las Vegas! Let's hear it! (Clearly I should have flown earlier and stayed East!)
Greblo wrote to me that........
East wind, cool temps convergence too far south.
No one did anything very interesting.
I launched first to make sure all the Falcons could make the l/z and 5 of the 7 pilots joined me there.

Kris Greblo made it up to 8500 ft. and flew 10 miles and Ken Andrews made it to 9,000 ft and flew 15 miles to Rabbit Lake.

It was still fun.

I saw Ken in the LZ yesterday evening and shook his hand for making that flight to rabbit on his Falcon. I was too burned out from recent XC driving to join the group and instead I had a long and exhausting flight on the front side of Crestline under a strong inversion layer.