Who does aluminum forming and welding?

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

JBBenson

Who does aluminum forming and welding?

Post by JBBenson »

Since this club is full of very talented craftsmen and craftswomen, I thought I would ask here.

I am looking for local shop who can fabricate some prototype cases/boxes out of 1/8" or 3/32" aluminum, requiring some one-axis forming and welding.

Nothing too fancy, but needs to be clean and straight. I can forward 3D drawings or 3DS files if needed.

Anybody know anyone? I want to move on this immediately.

Jesse
jessebenson at mac dot com
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hey Jesse,

I know of a really good sheet metal shop in the chatsworth area. I have been using them for 15 or so years. If your interested PM me and I'll give you a contact.

What are you making?

Marc
661-312-3596
greblo

Got your guy

Post by greblo »

Glen Baldwin is your guy. http://www.designform.com/nspage.html

Let me warn you that he only likes to do things right. He's a genius at troubleshooting, so listen carefully if he has a suggestion or a criticism.

He built the phone booth in the l/z. He built the brown, money pipe, in the l/z (the one we put new membership payments into. He built me 5 trikes, in 1980, that are still flying today. He built the Windsports flight simulator in the back yard.

He was a SHGA member for years.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
JBBenson

Post by JBBenson »

Thanks, you two.

Joe, I did meet with Phil and he is making some other parts of this project for me. Thanks for the tip!
lswendt

Post by lswendt »

How about Dave Froschauer? He's in the Member Directory.

lw