Ojai work party this Sunday 3/6/2011 9:00a.m.

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

beemer

Ojai work party this Sunday 3/6/2011 9:00a.m.

Post by beemer »

Ojai road work party planned for this Sunday February 6,2011 to scout the dirt road from rose valley campground up to cheifs peak.We don't know the condition of the road and the forest service does not have the funds to send up rangers to inspect the the road so they are giving us a permit to go up and do road maintenence.If we can make it to launch and its flyable we'll try to fly.Call Andy (310)498-0488
dteal

Post by dteal »

We moved some serious earth and had some great flights in the beautiful Ojai Valley on Sunday! Emily has pictures of everything rock pile we moved and my entire body is sore today – getting too old. Road crew/pilots were: Andy & Emily, Fast Eddy, Arthur, Chris, Katherine, Richard & Kat, Adam, Juan, Orian, Don, and myself. Forgive me if I forgot someone or misspelled your name. By the time we got to launch it was blowing in nice. Once Juan got 1000 over, we all punched off as quick as possible. I got to 6000 & change over Chiefs Peak and stayed up as long as I wanted. Richard had the flight of the day with what seemed like 2+ hours and he was gaining altitude over the LZ forever. Thanks to Andy and Emily for hosting the work party and making the winds cooperate. I’ll push rocks any day for a flight like that, especially in Ojai!
DT
beemer

Post by beemer »

Heartfelt thanks to all of you who turned out to help us. The forest service greatly appreciates our help with road maintenance. The work we did yesterday is a positive step towards keeping this site accessible. It was great working as a team both on the road and in the air.

Thank you: Juan Corral, Richard & Kat Shaw, Don Bannis, Adam Newman, Orian Price, Arthur Simoneau, Fast Ed Skow, Catherine Yardley, Chris Armenta, Dave Teal.
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

hey andy, any of that going on this weekend? ojai sounds AMAZING tomorrow!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."