Soft

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

OP

Post by OP »

Chip, these bots... Seems that every forum problem we've had is directly correlated with us not using PHPBB 3.
Mike M
Site Admin

Post by Mike M »

Post deleted. IP address banned. User ID gone. That's about all we can do.
If someone wants to volunteer to complete the port to PHBB3 that would be great.

It's a lot of work because we have a lot of background software that won't work in PHBB3 and it will need to be re-written.
TerryH

Post by TerryH »

Do you already have a fairly good idea of what's involved in that effort, or is it more an investigation task at this point?

I might be able to help out, particularly if this is not super time-critical.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

It happens so rarely. It would be easier to provide a button to hack the offending website and change images of their product line.

It has been 4 years since Nicolas Cage made his "I want to be this guy" pro-hang gliding statement. He made a new statement,
Feb. 2014 "I am convinced that the ultimate thing I could do as a man communing with nature is to hang glide."

taken from (Being Nicolas Cage):
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 3361921988

.. I am convinced that the ultimate thing I could do as a man communing with nature is to hang glide. You don’t pollute the environment. You literally are an eagle. You are learning how the currents work and you are free. So some day I hope to go to the Alps, because there is a school out there and they guarantee you that in two weeks’ time you’ll be a pilot, where you’re going to meet the most amazing people, who you can just call: “Are you flying today?� “Yes, I’m flying.� “Let’s go.� And you get up in the morning and you fly. Without a plane but with your own wings. To me that’s incredible. However, so far, I am not allowed to do it at this point in my life. I have people waiting for me; I have contracts to sign that I will not do these things. But the day will come. ..
Mike M
Site Admin

Post by Mike M »

Terry:

Contact Chip and Ken Andrews. They can let you know what's involved. Chip has done pretty extensive work determining what the port looks like and has a prototype website that actually works pretty well.

It's clearly not time critical as we're years behind the time on this software. So, if you have the skills and want to pitch in I'm sure you'll be more than welcome!

Mike