Newly Created West Launch

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

greblo

Newly Created West Launch

Post by greblo »

Some recent changes we've arranged with L.A. County Fire Dept. include brush removal below our normal launch ramp and now a new southwest to west facing launch area on the west side of the "donut" or Helipad. Our club rules require a H4 for all launch sites other than the original Kagel ramp.

Take a look at it when you're up there and perhaps some H4's will like it for those rare days when we have west winds on launch.

The next project lined up for the Fire Dept. is to clear the brush below the paraglider launch. Once done, I think this will make the PG launch better for both PG's and HG's.

And by the way, don't forget to thank Greg Angsten for aggressively pursuing a new, more user friendly lock for the Forest Service gate.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks to L.A. County Fire although I'm sure you've told them how much we appreciate their work.

Special thanks to the person(s) who suggested L.A. Co. Fire use their down time to clear the skeletons and rapidly growing brush below the main launch. It looks much safer with a little more wiggle room for the low/no wind days.

Anxious to see the new west ramp, too.
OP

Post by OP »

Joe goes out west ahead of the rest.

r8pistol

Post by r8pistol »

That West launch is now called OP's...
OP

Post by OP »

Video of said launch and a few landings.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBIgDioXD8Q[/youtube]
Malury

Post by Malury »

Dang! I have a lot of catching up to do! Nice flying Joe and Richard. Hope to see everyone in March.