Colorado Fly Week 2016 -The Finale-

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

OP

Colorado Fly Week 2016 -The Finale-

Post by OP »

http://coloradoflyweek.com/

Will has won it both previous times. Army Joe got 3rd last time, not knowing he was in contention until the last day. Let's represent. It is a USHPA rated site though. Sorry to anyone who can't attend for that reason.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2PTkP_2cY[/youtube]
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

Steve Murillo and I are already signed up.
r8pistol

Post by r8pistol »

IN
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Is if feasible to come for a couple of days? Really want to come but can't do a whole week.
OP

Post by OP »

1. You could arrange a carpool with another CO pilot. Put a note on the pilots board and see if anyone is returning to the Denver area early.

2. The nearest airport is 5 hours round trip. I'd be willing to lose a night of entertainment to drive. You'd be in for a full tank of fuel and a one way ticket plane ticket. It's looking about 300$ one way from Colorado Spring to Burbank. Who ever ends up driving, you'd need to ask to borrow their ride.

3. This entire baby thing is growing boring anyway. Abandon your family and break out for an entire week.
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

1 & 2. I can fly into Alamosa airport via Denver which is an hour away from Villa Grove and tickets aren't too bad. I would just need glider transport from Sylmar (which I'll pay for). I need to see if you have to be there on day 1 for a site briefing or can show up midweek.

3. The baby thing is all part of my masterplan. In 15 years I'll have a chase driver ready for my XC flight. Expensive and very time consuming for sure, but it does have its benefits.
gregangsten

Colorado, etc.

Post by gregangsten »

I should be going. I'd like to work it out so we could get in a day of flying at Hurricane UT, which is right along the way.
jrhesch

Post by jrhesch »

Planning on being there. I would be interested in joining in on a side-trip to Hurricane Greg. A flight from two summers back..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0eQHL_N_UY
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Spitfire wrote:1 & 2. I can fly into Alamosa airport via Denver which is an hour away from Villa Grove and tickets aren't too bad. I would just need glider transport from Sylmar (which I'll pay for). I need to see if you have to be there on day 1 for a site briefing or can show up midweek.
Looks like this is what I'm going to do since I confirmed that it's OK to show up midweek. Tentative plan is to leave Monday 8/29 in the afternoon and return Thursday 9/1 in the evening. That gives 2 1/2 days of flying. Will rent a car and probably stay at a nearby hotel or B&B.

If anyone wants to do this also let me know.