Windfinder App

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Spitfire

Windfinder App

Post by Spitfire »

Has anyone used the Windfinder app for Android or iPhones? I find it's a pretty useful app for quickly checking the wind direction, wind speed and a bunch of other parameters with a 10 day forecast.

You can download it at http://www.windfinder.com/apps and at the bottom is the link to the free version. Kagel is one of the sites on it. It's more convenient to look at on your phone than US Airnet and US Airnet only goes out a few days.

If a few SHGA pilots try it I'd be curious to find out how accurate it is.
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

I've submitted a request to participate in the sending of data to their network.

We'll see if they accept.
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Hope they do. My app only shows the forecast so I wonder how real time data would integrate with it.
gregangsten

Windfinder

Post by gregangsten »

Spitfire wrote:Hope they do. My app only shows the forecast so I wonder how real time data would integrate with it.
When I've looked at it in the past for various sites, it always seemed to only give previous forecasts and was not so accurate for current conditions.
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Spitfire wrote:Hope they do. My app only shows the forecast so I wonder how real time data would integrate with it.
They responded and I just sent them the information they require. Now it's up to them.
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Windfinder now has our data and we're on the map

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/sylmar-flight-park

Once the web cam comes up, we'll get that on there too. But for the best user experience, you'll just go directly to our site and be able to control the camera.

Looks like they are only updating once an hour, so all of the other sites I've subscribed to are more up to date than this one. Our site is updated every 10 minutes

Yes, I'm still waiting on the mount. The seller isn't currently responding to my requests.