Car Broken into

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Chip
Site Admin

Car Broken into

Post by Chip »

Missing Harness Woody Valley, with 3040 and my icom radio, parachute of course too.

Also stolen two of my best DLG's

If anyone sees anything around Sylmar, get some info so we can get these suckers.

Looks like my Arizona trip/comp just got cancelled :(
JD

Post by JD »

That sucks scat. Where did this sad event take place? :evil:
I hope your auto insurance carrier decides to cover some of the loss. :(
Will keep an eye on craigslist for your stuff. :idea:
Will you put a Stolen Ad here? http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-sailplanes-fs-w-100/
vannoppen

Breakin

Post by vannoppen »

Bummer. Sorry to hear that
DrJeff

sorry!

Post by DrJeff »

Major drag, Chip. So sorry! Hope you recover all your gear, and FAST!
Jeff Bjorck
www.purepiano.com ~quiet music to calm the heart in a noisy world~
Fat Fred

Post by Fat Fred »

I feel very bad for you Chip. This is a terrible loss and I hope that everything gets recovered.

-Fred-
OP

Post by OP »

Can we have Jay or Russ enforce our rules? I've returned gliders in the middle of the night to find an encampment of street people set up in our biz.

Set a timer to stop selling sodas after dusk.

Set a timer to stop charging phones after dusk.
jimshaw

Post by jimshaw »

Great suggestions OP! Chip, how can we help you get back in the air before the comp? I'll gladly donate $100 if someone will take up a collection (I am not around to do a collection myself). Rob, how 'bout the club pitching in the $ on a donation and/or loaner basis? Chip has done many times that for the club!
Last edited by jimshaw on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimshaw

Post by jimshaw »

Oh, and sounds like we need a couple cameras on the parking area of the LZ, even if these are fake for the time being, to deter theft and, once working, to catch the basturd(s)!
jimshaw

Post by jimshaw »

Does the Club have insurance? Chip, your homeowner's and/or auto insurance may also cover the loss. Let us know what you find out from all three!
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Is their a national stolen glider/accessory registry? When you buy used equipment at guitarcenter(years ago) they make you wait 24 hours before you pick it up so they can run the serial numbers.
here is a Woody Valley Tenax 4 harness on ebay, do you have the specs and measurements sheet?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Woody-Valley-Te ... SwEjFXe705

after the 1993 Old Topanga fire I learned materialistic items can be replaced with "Better" materialistic items. That harness is the exception.
I'm sorry to hear those were stolen I hope you get them back.
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Just to be clear, this happened in Sylmar, but NOT at the flight park.

I like the idea of turning off the outlets with the exception of the socket that Russ is plugged into. It's likely easy enough to do.

Looks like home owners insurance will cover the items plus the cost of replacements. They said first check will likely be cost minus depreciation, then if and when I replace the items, I can submit another claim for the replacement cost difference.

The TWO broken windows in the Jeep will be at my expense seeing how the replacements cost less than the deductible ($500).

The full tally is over $7200

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. If you see these for sale, let the cops know.
filthy

Post by filthy »

Years ago my home owners covered my stolen harness, happened in mexico.