Update on Ron

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Jim

Update on Ron

Post by Jim »

I spoke with Ron's wife today. She told me that Ron will return home in early January. He will be staying at home, visiting therapy on an outpatient basis. After he gets settled, she thinks it will be beneficial and wants him to be able to visit the LZ and reconnect with his friends. I will help make arrangements to facilitate a visit and let everyone know the schedule.

While he has made a great deal of progress in his recovery, demonstrating speech in three languages and gradually reconstructing his memory, Ron still has a ways to go. Hopefully, being back among family and friends at home and his favorite home away will bring him closer to !00%.

Denise did warn, though, no alcohol for him! :cry:
JD

One his way today!

Post by JD »

Posted on Facebook a few hours ago...
Tal Keinan wrote:Four months to the day after Ron's accident, we are heading home. Ron knows where he is going, and is optimistic about the long road ahead. He walked through Newark Liberty and boarded the flight on his own power.
As of tonight, Ron will be living at home, and doing outpatient rehab work on weekdays. His memories are coming back at an accelerating rate now. The more exposure he has to once-familiar stimuli, the better, so visitors are more than welcome. Just call ahead. (Denise)
Thanks to the team at MossRehab. You have taken us a long way since those first weeks, when we could assume nothing. We are lucky and grateful to have been under your care, and will send updates as we progress. Thank you, Geoff Ling. We are reminded at every milestone what a critical difference you made.
DrJeff

Post by DrJeff »

Fantastic news! Thanks Jim!
Jeff Bjorck
www.purepiano.com ~quiet music to calm the heart in a noisy world~
Greg Kendall

Post by Greg Kendall »

I just had a good visit with Ron at his home. It blew me away when he greeted me at the door and said my name. We had a long conversation, mostly about all of his hang gliding friends. He already knew about OP. He still gets confused at times, but he remembers a lot. I told him that I flew yesterday and he immediately asked if I went to Big T. The best part is that his personality is still there. He still smiles and laughs and schmoozes like he always has.
DrJeff

Post by DrJeff »

More great news! Thanks Greg!
Jeff Bjorck
DrJeff

Post by DrJeff »

I had a great visit with Ron today during his lunch hour. He looks great. He has a solid 30% grip strength in his right hand (which wasn't even moving before Philadelphia). He laughed at my jokes (not sure that is a sign of progress though!). His speech is still somewhat confused, so he repeats some anchor words and phrases quite a bit, which I believe is normal for this phase of recovery. The wonderful part is that some of those repeated words are "lucky," "blessed," and "grateful."

He's a fighter, and I expect to see more progress in the days and weeks ahead. Go RON!
Jeff Bjorck