Vrezh wrote:It's dead, Jim
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

Yes Doug,
keep the pulse,
like you always do ;-)

On the other hand, I might need that Pulse...
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

The Pulse is one of the sweetest gliders I've ever flown.

I'm glad to see it still flying.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
JD

Post by JD »

Somebody please check Vrezh's pulse! :lol:
gregangsten

dead yet?

Post by gregangsten »

Someone needs to channel the Spirit of Orian.
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

Somebody please check Vrezh's pulse!
I don't have a pulse.
I would love to barrow from someone who does :D
Jim

Post by Jim »

Someone who doesn't have a pulse is destined for a barrow in short order.
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

Someone who doesn't have a pulse is destined for a barrow in short order.
What,
If someone could lend me a pulse, i would gladly barrow it.

To my truck :D

I dedicate this poem to you, my friend Jim.

Eye halve a spelling checker,
It cane with my pea sea,
It plainly marcs four my revue
Miss stakes eye kin knot sea.
Eye halve run this poem threw it,
I am shore your pleased to no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.20.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Actually our friend is a current SHGA member. But that wouldn't really matter.

“The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.�
― John F. Kennedy
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

BudRob wrote:“The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.�
― John F. Kennedy
Thanks for your clarity Rob. If there had been a few more calm voices like yours sprinkled throughout history, we might not have had the Salem witch trials or the Nazi holocaust, ... and on a much smaller scale ... I'd still be flying Sylmar.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

barton wrote:it's not dead..... there is just this fear of posting, cuz the man behind the curtain might takeover the discussion to rant about the abuses he allowed himself to be subjected to n summarily expelled from the flock, for life....

the "all inclusiveness" of the SHGA has allowed this "troll" a none USHPA n none SHGA member to take over the website as it is the only place to vent it's rage ~

the SHGA has only itself to blame.
Barton, don't project your fear of posting on everyone else. Your uncorrected lie is following you like a tail, and you can't outrun it. Your conscience is heavy with a guilt that you can't escape. You could be the light, but you choose to be darkness.

You continually try to justify my expulsion, but you can't wash the blood from your hands. You never will until you have the courage of men like Frank Colver and Bill Cummings who stepped forward to say: "Not in my name."
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks sooooo much, Vrezh!
There are two kinds of people in the world: the quick and the dead.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

I don't really get it. How did this start anyway? And Jim, aren't you still flying Sylmar?
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

And, just for the record, I am not taking sides here. I have known Barton Davidson for many years and have nothing but respect for him. He is a stand-up guy who I am proud to know. We differ a bit here and there as we do on this subject. He is not the only person who feels as he does and I respect his right to voice his opinion.

I still want to know what started this thread because it makes absolutely no sense.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Rob, there are a lot of things (and people) in this sport that make absolutely no sense.

Your quote of JFK was right on target. You didn't take sides with that quote. Instead, you used it to bring both sides into sharp focus. Well done.

As for Barton, I too had a lot of respect for him. It was a nice coincidence that he signed up as Torrey Hawk #100. That was a milestone number for our club, and I've always associated Barton with the celebration of our growth. But Barton has bought into lies and has spread lies. His claim that I violated the northern boundary at Torrey is false. Most people won't bother to dig into it, and they may harbor doubts on both sides. But the one person Barton can't fool ... is me. That gives me an insight into Barton that few others will ever have.

My comparisons to Salem and Nazi Germany may seem over the top, but humans and human nature haven't changed much at all in that time span. People are just as susceptible to mob mentality as they have always been.

It is unfortunately rare to see people standing for principles over popularity. So I appreciate it that much more. Thanks again.
gregangsten

Deadyet?

Post by gregangsten »

Well, this is getting funny.
I thought this thread was a response to my e-blast cracks about the forum being dead. Leave it to Barton and BK to find an opening to rant at each other.

Look, I don't care at all about what gets discussed on here, I just like to see a little life so have at it.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

It's worth comparing my first post:
Bob Kuczewski wrote:The Pulse is one of the sweetest gliders I've ever flown.

I'm glad to see it still flying.
with Barton's:
barton wrote:it's not dead..... there is just this fear of posting, cuz the man behind the curtain might takeover the discussion to rant about the abuses he allowed himself to be subjected to n summarily expelled from the flock, for life....

the "all inclusiveness" of the SHGA has allowed this "troll" a none USHPA n none SHGA member to take over the website as it is the only place to vent it's rage ~

the SHGA has only itself to blame.
Look at the faulty assumptions in Barton's post:

1. That people are afraid to post. Who's afraid?
2. That there's a "man behind the curtain" (I openly use my full name).
3. That I "allowed" myself to be expelled. Did he miss my defense?
4. That I'm a non SHGA member.
5. That I'm a"troll".
6. That I'm "taking over" the web site.
7. That I vent in rage.
8. That this is the only place where I can vent in rage.

I don't know how Barton managed to pack so many false statements into such a short post! Add that to Barton's former uncorrected lies, and the real troll stands out.

You see, I know something about Barton that no one else knows as well. I know for a fact that he lied about Torrey. Anyone else reading the history may be uncertain, but I'm not. Barton knows that, and it must gnaw at his conscience. He would like me to be banned so he wouldn't have to be reminded of his misdeed.

What Barton hasn't found is the simple way out of his predicament. It starts like this:

"I was wrong, and I'm sorry ..."

Those are the words that would set him free, but he just can't utter them. Instead, he continues to be a puppet for forces that he would otherwise oppose. Very sad.