Back from Valley Of The Brave

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

greblo

Back from Valley Of The Brave

Post by greblo »

Thanks Windsports, for sending me and Kris on this week-long flying vacation to Mexico. Rudy Gotes of Vuelo Libre Mexico, pulls out all the stops by providing 1st class everything; gliders, accommodations, transport and instruction. We didn't even have to set up or break down our own gliders.

Every day was soarable to over 10,000 ft as is common this time of year. Mid-day gave us 1000 fpm climb rates and the afternoons doled out smooth climbs and long buoyant glides over spectacular terrain.

Grace Hahn, Jeremy Freisner, Jeff Odle and Sue Sen joined us on the trip and everyone reached new hang gliding "milestones" of altitude, distance and airtime. What they learned fits right in line with their plans to do a little cross-country flying this Spring and Summer.

Rudy's vacations are limited to only 6 pilots, so next year I'm hoping Windsports will promote at least 2 different flying trips; one in January and one in February. This really is one of the best sites I've ever flown.
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Wow, nice glowing endorsement.

I'm interested as a result of that post.
jfriesne

Post by jfriesne »

Here are some GoPro flying highlights from Valle, in case anybody wants to see them:

https://public.msli.com/lcs/jaf/valle-highlights.mov
kyardley

Post by kyardley »

OK - Now I want to go. Looking forward to hearing more in 2019.