This weekend/ Owens

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

vannoppen

This weekend/ Owens

Post by vannoppen »

Yes the Owens. Morning flights at Walt’s, at the airport by noon or Boy Scout Ridge. Hiking, swimming and a change of scenery. Weather provided
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

There have been big storms in the later part of the day. Nicer earlier, though. Keep an eye out. (Drove through a few days ago. A friend was there yesterday.)
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
vannoppen

Going

Post by vannoppen »

The better days keep pushing back butI am ona limited timeline so I’m going up in hopes off meeting up with some Bay Area pilots as well as the Reno ones. Cold lakes and clean air
stebbins

Weekend of September 21st in the Owens?

Post by stebbins »

Hi all,

Since I am unable to go to the Labor Day Owens trip, I'm hoping to go September 21st. Steve had planned on running it, but he has to be out of town.

I have no driver and only a 2-glider car, but am willing to pay a driver, and be a guide for those who are less than familiar with the Owens Valley.

So, if you want to fly the Owens, have a driver, are a driver, have a vehicle let me know.

661-965-0493

If we get some folks, great. If not, I'll try and scrounge a driver and go alone.

The plan for me is to go up Friday very early (or Thursday very late). Stay through Sunday. Fly an out and return, or just land below on Sunday. Then break camp and go home.

Bishop has a truly excellent little Mexican restaurant, if anyone gets close to that far up the valley.... It's my favorite food in the entire valley.

Ideas?
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George