Owens Valley Sept. 21-23? Pilots, Driver, Vehicle wanted!

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

stebbins

Owens Valley Sept. 21-23? Pilots, Driver, Vehicle wanted!

Post by stebbins »

Hi all,

Since I am unable to go to the Labor Day Owens trip, I'm hoping to go September 21-23. Steve M. had planned on running a trip then, but he has to be out of town.

I have no driver (yet) and only a 2-glider car, but am willing to pay a driver, and be a guide for those who are less than familiar with the Owens Valley. I have lots of airtime there.

So, if you want to fly the Owens, have a driver, are a driver, or have a vehicle let me know.

661-965-0493
[email protected]

If we get some folks, great. If not, I'll try and scrounge a driver and go alone.

The plan for me is to go up Friday very early (or Thursday very late). Stay through Sunday. On Sunday, Fly an out and return, or just land below. Then break camp and go home.

Bishop has a truly excellent little Mexican restaurant, if anyone gets close to that far up the valley.... It's my favorite food in the entire valley.

Ideas?
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

After having a fun flight from Garlock to Trona Airport last Monday, I went home and broke my toe in my own house on Tuesday in a Tragic Pantry Accident. (Pantry, not panty...)

Crap.

So, I cannot go flying in the Owens. Anyone hoping to go with my, my apologies.
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
that.guy

Owens Sept 21st

Post by that.guy »

I'm going! Have a driver (my wife) who can chase us XC. Have radios. Looking forward to flying with some people. Message me, or reply, or call/text if you're going too. Will be a good trip.

Paul Shorey
H3, 100 hrs, blue Sport 2 ... yea, I'm that cemetery landing guy. Don't worry, I've gotten a bit older and wiser since. Need more cloudbase for the video compilation!
vannoppen

Post by vannoppen »

Yes I’m going and know F Havermyer is also. As we get closer let’s talk about vehicles camping etc.
that.guy

Post by that.guy »

Vannopen, Havermyer, I have a couple Utah friends who want to drive down too. What's your contact info. I'd love to connect you, and figure out where to meet y'all.

I'm planning to come up on Friday night, late. Then will be ready to fly Saturday morning.

Paul 385.770.6789