Windsports Web Site

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Bob Kuczewski

Windsports Web Site

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

A friend wants to come down from the Bay area to fly at the Otto Meet this spring. I suggested that he take a few refresher flights through Windsports the weekend before the meet. He wanted the phone number for Windsports, so I visited their web site on my phone. Here's what I got:

20220114_114322.png
20220114_114322.png (63.96 KiB) Viewed 5095 times

My phone is only a few years old, and yet it's not new enough to get a phone number from the Windsports web site?

Now I know how this can happen. Someone is using some cool new tool that spits out a web page that looks real spiffy. They don't have the technological expertise to make the site accessible to all browsers, and suddenly a significant portion of the population can't even find a phone number to schedule a lesson.

*Sigh*

This isn't the biggest thing killing hang gliding. It's probably not even in the top 5. But the sport is already in dire shape. Do we need to be losing anyone?

The solution is easy. The site obviously has code that detects the current browser and puts up that warning page. All that's needed is to add a link to that page that leads to a set of pages (probably the old pages) that work with all browsers. That's my suggestion. Please pass it along to Windsports since they probably don't read this old obsolete web site anymore.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.