Moderator: Chip

JT

Post by JT »

Crowned one speaks, ends not
Singed wings tremble, more to come
Deafness, grateful lot
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

I've never been able to develop a taste for Haiku. (Which Jim and Larry do quite well.) I prefer Limericks. I guess it is just my low-brow sanctimoniousness that keeps me from appreciating them. ;-)
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

1) I never said that quote, despite the scurrilous tales spread by others
2) Manners is also telling someone when they are about to kill themselves - Is it polite to let them when they don't even realize it?
3) Last I heard, this was the US of A. I don't "be quiet" when told to do so. Only when someone convinces me it is the right thing to do.
4) As I've said before. Someone's life is more important to me than if they like me. Even yours. :-)
5) Your timing isn't very good. I was done until your post.....

A true story: A few years ago, my lovely wife was crewing for me at a local competition in Albuquerque. A pilot walked to launch and J asked if he wanted a hang check. He said "No." She said "Are you sure you don't want a hang check?" He said "No, I told you I don't want one." She said "I really think you need to get a hang check." He angrily said "All right!" and flung himself down. He impacted the ground, as he was not hooked in. She was rude (no manners). But she certainly saved him from injury and quite likely saved his life. I can live with that.
max

Post by max »

GEORGE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, I LIKE READING YOUR POSTS. MAX :lol:
Smile now Cry later
MAX
JT

Post by JT »

Just shoot me, please. Now would be fine.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

No Jim, not yet. Please wait until I get in front or behind you so we can both be shot without wasting an extra bullet.
Steve90266

C'mon, the Haiku are nice

Post by Steve90266 »

But who doesnt like a limmerick?

There once was a man from Rangoon....etc.

I'm new to hang gliding and this forum. Looking forward to the banter. Personally, I'm just glad Janyce is OK. Who else is going to challeng you guys on the mountain?

By the way, the Haiku were good, but Flamejob gets my vote for his limmerick.

When's the Holiday Party?

Steve Murillo
Steve Murillo
WingNutz

Post by WingNutz »

OOOOOOOOhh!! Aaaaaah ! Ooooooh. Yessss! Write it again, Steve.

Seriously, I understand these redundant posts. The software seems to indicate that your post hasn't gone up, so you submit it again, and again.

It happened to me, and I saw that my post had gone up several times, so I deleted the surplus.

Until the glitch is resolved, hit "Submit." wait a couple of seconds, and browse to the forum to see if your post went up. Probably, it did.
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
TomS

Post by TomS »

Jesus H. Christmas
The f'ing banter, endless.
Yet, I read. My bad.
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

TomS wrote:Jesus H. Christmas
The f'ing banter, endless.
Yet, I read. My bad.
ROTFL

For Larry (and others?): Rolling On The Floor Laughing
gregangsten

Re: nickname? how bout F***ing Dumb***!

Post by gregangsten »

jcflies wrote:i did get a provisional spot on the E team, though...

and the "J" and the "C" (i swear!) carved into my forehead by the barbed wire fence (that i can't remember hitting) are, according to my plastic surgeon (who only recently finished the last round of repairs), not likely to scar...

intermediate syndrome? probably...
(but when have i not had it?)

j
Too bad about loosing the scar. When people ask if the JC on your forehead means you were born again, you could have said, Yeah! It's from crashing my hang glider into powerlines and falling into barbed wire. Too cool!

God, I wish that had happened to me.
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

dear greg,
it could, no doubt, be arranged...
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
WingNutz

Post by WingNutz »

It's official. As announced at the SHGA Holiday Party last Saturday, the competition to name the latest participant in close encounters with powerlines was closed and decided.

BE IT KNOWN, RECORDED AND REMEMBERED THAT:

Whereas:
This unfortunate incident, and its unique timing provoked one of the most twisted news reports in the history of free flight, and

Whereas:
This pilot, our friend was not seriously injured, and

Whereas:
Many brilliant contributions were made by numerous contestants, and

Whereas:
The previously untapped potential for the poetry of electric power distribution sparkled as never before in the pages of this, your SHGA Pilot Forum, and Special Mention is due Jesse Benson for his ingenious Haiku, and

Despite the fact that:
Greg Angsten's "Cold Turkey" was a stroke of genius, and stuck a resonant chord with many,

Nevertheless:
One suggestion contained the exquisite irony, tempered with sensitivity, that clearly outshone the competition,

Now, Therefore:
The grand prize (our hearty congratulations) goes to Jim Mercadante, and

Henceforth:
The unfortunate pilot who was the subject of that cruel and scathing, yet freekin' hilarious article in the Riverside Press-Enterprise shall be yclept -

A/C -J/C

May this name and the experience it memorializes strike fear and engender respect in the hearts of all of us who presume to rise above the puny, insipid lives of mortals and break the burdensome bonds of gravity. Amen.
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
mercturns

Post by mercturns »

I'm honored.... I would like to thank all of my flying family for their support and insperation. Without all of the love stiring within our family forum, I'm not sure I could have pulled it off.

To Janyce..... Hang in there kid. Take a step back and dont be in a hurry to reach that all important hang 4/5 skygod status. You've got the skill's and drive required to go far in this sport. All you need to do now is slow down and enjoy the ride. It will all come together in time....trust me.

Again... Thank You All... And God Bless.