The insurance problem

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Thanks Doug. I think your words are right on target.

However, Mark Forbes' words are not consistent with his actions. If you listened to my expulsion hearing, it was Mark Forbes who led the charge to expel me.

I might believe Mark if the quote you listed included some of your own sentiments ... possibly concluding with something like this:
Furthermore, we need to embrace and reward those who bring us problems - especially those who bring us problems that foreshadow claims. When Bob was Director in 2009 and 2010, he was very vocal about getting oversight at Torrey Pines. Bob even reported an incident that would foreshadow an important claim to our insurance. I was wrong to call for his expulsion, and I am asking the Board to reverse it. While we may not like the manner in which Bob pursues his goals, there's no doubt that if we had listened to him, we would be in better shape than we are now.
Actions speak louder than words. If Mark Forbes is serious about encouraging pilots to bring problems forward before they turn into accidents, then he cannot justify having expelled me for doing just that.[/quote]
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
JD

Post by JD »

Bob Kuczewski wrote:
OP wrote:BobKrazy,
More junior high name calling OP? Please read up on slander and libel. I'm sure this all feels like fun and games to you, but you can be responsible for saying things that are incorrect and damaging to another person's reputation. Second warning....
Insinuating or making an implied threat that you are going to sue OP for slander and libel when in fact he is obviously ridiculing you with a word play is a prime example of how you got yourself ousted from USHPA. If you don't want to be ridiculed then don't act so ridiculous. Keep up the threats and watch what happens to SHGA forum privileges.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Tangent Man wrote:
Bob Kuczewski wrote:
OP wrote:BobKrazy,
More junior high name calling OP? Please read up on slander and libel. I'm sure this all feels like fun and games to you, but you can be responsible for saying things that are incorrect and damaging to another person's reputation. Second warning....
Insinuating or making an implied threat that you are going to sue OP for slander and libel when in fact he is obviously ridiculing you with a word play is a prime example of how you got yourself ousted from USHPA. If you don't want to be ridiculed then don't act so ridiculous. Keep up the threats and watch what happens to SHGA forum privileges.
Jonathan, I don't know OP, but I get the impression that he's a bit younger than you and I ... and many of the aging hang glider pilots in the sport.

It's a good thing there was no internet when I was that age or I might have a long trail of things that I might wish I hadn't said. Those of us with that level of maturity should be helping younger pilots to act responsibly on line, and I hope my warnings would have that sobering effect on OP. Think before you type.

You, on the other hand, are old enough to know better. Shame on you Jonathan for the way you've conducted yourself in these discussions and the way you've encouraged others to conduct themselves as well.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Tangent Man wrote:
dhmartens wrote:....The goal now is to promote safety and reduce loss.
in effect we are all now BobK.
Do you really mean to imply that my peers and I are obsessed with lancing windmills while concealing our true agendas?
Jonathan, I've asked you to spell out my "true agenda" as you've implied in that quote. I haven't seen it yet.