Donations

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
OP

Post by OP »

9HÇi΀š‹êZîBFÞ�ว�ó=¨Hò‡4\$1@ß�
ÉÇëO@ô¡�gŠ/¨‘Ê_/wáRlÿ �vÑq;²3Å!P Àã=*E�iþ�›vž†‹‹b<ní>_Ö›"{ÔîžcSd„ æ«˜•äV1â‚»jb¼ÿ Joß5|ñ5ÄCzU‚™4†?–«˜-r¹bcšxJ™¢çü7o_NÔ\"ôÔŠHóQÈ»NXÛòæ˜bN]•¶+²“B®Ö§xqÚ˜Öæ—12W*²nö¨™0ƬO�QíßÖ©1-
ÒGµª¼ñî
Last edited by OP on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimshaw

Post by jimshaw »

Bob, you must admit Ken's message was funny even if it hurt a little. Hey, we have all been there. I find I have to laugh at myself from time to time for the mess I get myself into with others!

Hey, read my post on the heading of shall we ban you or not. You needn't reply. I just remember a cool dude named Bob K. who liked to fly, before all the shit hit the fan. Nice, likable guy, that Bob K.

Now you have alienated too many people. Bob, I learned to kill 'em with kindness. Then I learned that if that did not work to access what I wanted to accomplish and continue to do so, but not so far as to become a detriment to myself and to others without tangible results, people and organizations.

Bob, you keep going too far in your zealousness. And our community of pilots, as resilient and accepting as they are, just have to keep drawing a larger and larger circle around where you cannot enter.

I don't know if this message of mine, or the other one I mentioned above, will help or even matters to you. But, damn it, don't go out this way. Reaccess what it is you want to accomplish and if it is really doable. If not, maybe one day you can see the error of your ways and give it up.

When that day comes I will be honored to fly with you.[/i]
jimshaw

Post by jimshaw »

Damn it OP, we must have a modicum of decorum in this forum. Chip, what do we need do to stop all these vitriolic personal attacks?
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Jim, I posted this in response to your post in the other topic. I'm sorry to duplicate it here, but I didn't want you to miss it.
Jim, your kind and steady nature shines well in your words. Thanks!!!

I am the same "old Bob" that you knew long ago. But we have lived in different worlds these past 10 years. I would love to have lived in the land of Sylmar. I'm sure you've got politics there, but from what I've seen everyone shares the love of flight, and that supersedes everything else.

Unfortunately, I haven't lived in the land of Sylmar. I've lived in the land of Torrey. Torrey isn't run by a club where pilots can exercise democratic control. Torrey is run by a "concessionaire" and that has resulted in a completely different experience than my friends at Sylmar have known. USHPA has supported the concessionaire model over the club model at Torrey, and I believe that has resulted in a number of accidents that ended up contributing to (if not defining) our insurance fiasco.

The good news is that Ken has agreed to meet with myself and hopefully other pilots to at least discuss a number of these and other problems. We're going to combine it with a fun day of flying at Dockweiler this coming Sunday. I hope you and all the great pilots at Sylmar will join us. I will, of course, want to discuss some issues specific to my expulsion, but I'm sure there will be time for lots of other topics as well.

The bottom line is simple. If you want to see the "old Bob" ... see him in the air. :)
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

OK, back to generating money for the RRG!!!

It turns out that Ken's original challenge to me was wiped out in the topic deletion, but I preserved the date:
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:25 pm Post subject: Teamwork
So according to my records:

My post (Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:32 pm) was #21
My post (Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:53 pm) was #22
My post (Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:20 am) was #23
My post (Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:24 pm) was #24
My post (Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:31 pm) was #25
My post (Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:19 pm) was #26
My post (Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:13 pm) was #27
... and this post is #28

So that's a $140 donation ... so far!!
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Andrews and Kuczewski donation

Post by Ken Andrews »

USHPA said:
Please consider making your contribution by January 31. We need all the time we can to coordinate the transition.
I think Bob has posted 31 times since my pledge, and since the time has come to settle up, I just fulfilled my half of the bargain. Better yet, USHPA posted this weekend that we're within $366 of reaching the $2M goal. Hence, it may be that the last little contribution that makes the RRG work out can be credited to Bob.
Bob Kuczewski

Re: Andrews and Kuczewski donation

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Ken Andrews wrote:USHPA said:
Please consider making your contribution by January 31. We need all the time we can to coordinate the transition.
I think Bob has posted 31 times since my pledge, and since the time has come to settle up, I just fulfilled my half of the bargain. Better yet, USHPA posted this weekend that we're within $366 of reaching the $2M goal. Hence, it may be that the last little contribution that makes the RRG work out can be credited to Bob.
I didn't see any expiration date on your offer ... that will be another 5 bucks please. :)
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Thanks for your help Bob!
Steve90266

Bob K

Post by Steve90266 »

Thanks, Bob! You are the MAN!
Steve Murillo