Appeal to USHPA Region 3 Director Ken Andrews

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
Bob Kuczewski

Appeal to USHPA Region 3 Director Ken Andrews

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

For a number of months, I've been appealing to Ken Andrews to request that a review of my expulsion be added to the Spring 2016 USHPA Board meeting. Without getting into the details here, anyone interested can follow the discussion on the US Hawks forum:

http://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2382

There has also been a request of Ken that USHPA should create a "flying only" membership which would allow members to be critical of USHPA and not fear losing their insurance and ability to fly at insured sites.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
RichardShaw

Post by RichardShaw »

Without getting into a protracted debate (which I will not do) Ken took office for the first time Jan. 1 2016. If you have been hounding him for "a number of months" now, I'd cool your jets, give the guy some time.
"Keep thy airspeed up, lest the ground come from below and smite thee".
William Kershner

Richard
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

RichardShaw wrote:If you have been hounding him for "a number of months" now, I'd cool your jets, give the guy some time.
My flying jets have been on ice at Torrey since November of 2014 when Robin Marien and the Torrey concession filed a restraining order case against me. They dragged it out in court until March of 2015, but I was found innocent of their accusations, and the order was not granted.

Shortly afterward, the USHPA Board iced my jets at all other flying sites (including Sylmar) with their unjustified expulsion.

So my jets have been in the deep freeze for over a year now, and I'm still working to get them thawed out.

By the way, I had been circulating my appeals to Ken in a very small circle since December. Today I widened that circle just a bit and at least one member of that group was kind enough to petition Ken directly today:
Region 3 Director Ken Andrews, (emailed to Ken just after 8pm MDT)

Although I'm from Region #4 ( Pilot # 30448), I'm writing to you, since my written recommendations to both of my Region #4 Directors were a waste of my time.

One director seconded the original motion to expel Bob K., an H4 P4 pilot, who had broken no safety SOP's.

Both region #4 directors voted against my recommendation.
The multiple safety warnings that Bob K. identified years earlier, regarding the Glider Port, came true and now, since everyone has been looking the other way, USHPA is scrambling to get insurance.

USHPA's retained lawyer didn't represent an injured woman PG pilot who was supposed to be under the direction of the Glider Port's instructing staff.

Instead, USHPA's lawyer, Tim Herr, defended the business that eventually paid an undisclosed amount to the injured PG pilot.

The injured PG pilot should have had every expectation that the safety deficiencies, previously brought to light concerning the Glider Port, were addressed by the USHPA. This is what members pay dues for.

Members don't pay dues to back a business that is misusing our FAA tandem exemption to enrich themselves providing joy rides. (particularly to children.)

That some of our senior USHPA members being deposed were representing the defense (business) and not the injured student PG pilot is action against USHPA's safety interest. Why were THESE members not chewed out?

The protective order against Bob filed by the glider port wasn't granted.
There were no grounds for the Glider Port to have Bob K arrested twice that I remember.
The legal system has come down on Bob's side causing many of the membership to know that USHPA acted prematurely before the legal dust settled and without just cause.
I would recommend that the fair thing to do is revisit the expulsion for Bob K at the Spring Board Meeting even if you intend to vote against reinstatement.
It would surly place you in a very favorable light for those of us watching an expulsion of a member from the only game in town.
If it can happen to Bob it could happen to me --- you or anybody else.
Thank you
Bill Cummings # 30448
Bill is a pretty observant fellow.

USHPA's expulsion was clearly retaliatory and they held a kangaroo court where no witnesses to my "crimes" were brought forward for questioning or cross examination. I was also not allowed to bring my own witnesses to the alleged events or to even be defended. It was pretty much a repeat of the Salem Witch Trials: Confess to being a witch and be burned, or deny that you're a witch ... and be burned.

I denied that I was a witch and got burned. Ken is basically suggesting that if I confess to being a witch he might try to help. I'm not too keen on that alternative since it requires an admission of things I did not do.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

By the way, Wikipedia contains a sobering review of the Salem Witch Trials along with a list of roughly 100 people who were executed by hanging or stoning or burning or being crushed to death. Here are some links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... tch_trials
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... witchcraft

The dark nature of people who would hang, stone, burn and crush others to death with no factual evidence at all ... still lives in each human being.

The protections of due process (the right to confront one's accusers, the right to council, the right to present witnesses, the right to present evidence, the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt, a jury of disinterested peers, and so on) were put in place to prevent such abuses. USHPA ignored all of them.

I anticipate that some juvenile will try to make a joke of this. But if you value your own ability to fly, then imagine what it would be like to have it removed unjustly. It's not a joking matter at all, and it is disgusting that it's been done in 2015 ... rather than 1615.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

March 4th 2016, RichardShaw wrote:Without getting into a protracted debate (which I will not do) Ken took office for the first time Jan. 1 2016. If you have been hounding him for "a number of months" now, I'd cool your jets, give the guy some time.
How much time Richard? I've been unable to fly my favorite sites for 3 years now. It's been over 2 years since I started this topic. Ken Andrews did nothing in his first 2-year term. During which 2-year term should I "uncool my jets"?

Here's what Joe Faust just posted on the the U.S. Hawks forum:
Joe wrote:While working on other matters, I came across the following paragraph: 
Slander must be retracted. If you have lied about another and thereby done him an injury, you are bound in conscience to correct your false statement, to correct it in such a manner as to undeceive all whom you may have misled. This retraction must really retract, and not do just the contrary, make the last state of things worse than the first, which is sometimes the case. Prudence and tact should suggest means to do this effectively: when, how and to what extent it should be done, in order that the best results of reparation may be obtained. But in one way or another, justice demands that the slanderer contradict his lying imputations and remove by so doing the stain that besmirches the character of his victim.
Jumping into my mind upon reading that was the matter of U$hPa's hits on Bob Kuczewski. I await retraction and restitution from the U$hPa with respect to him.
Richard, you're a member of USHPA. USHPA expelled me in your name. Your silence condoned it. Are you ready to speak up yet?

I think it's about time. Thanks in advance.
Bob Kuczewski

Re:

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

March 4th 2016, RichardShaw wrote:Without getting into a protracted debate (which I will not do) Ken took office for the first time Jan. 1 2016. If you have been hounding him for "a number of months" now, I'd cool your jets, give the guy some time.
How much time Richard? I've been unable to fly my favorite sites for 4 years now. It's been over 3 years since I started this topic. Ken Andrews did nothing in his first 2-year term, and nothing so far in his second 2-year term. During which 2-year term should I "uncool my jets" Richard?

Every day that Ken Andrews has remained silent since his election in 2015 is another lost day of flight that I will never get back. That clock is still ticking for Ken Andrews. It's still ticking for Alan Crouse. And it just started ticking for Lawrence Chamblee.
Bob Kuczewski

Re: Appeal to USHPA Region 3 Director Ken Andrews

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

How much time Richard? I've been unable to fly my favorite sites for 5 years now. It's been almost 4 years since I started this topic. Ken Andrews did nothing to address this problem in his first 2-year term, and nothing in his second 2-year term. Ken Andrews has done nothing to address this problem in his position on the USHPA Executive Committee. At what point should I "uncool my jets" Richard?

Every day that Ken Andrews has remained silent since his election in 2015 is another lost day of flight that I will never get back. That clock is still ticking for Ken Andrews. It's still ticking for Alan Crouse. It's done ticking for Lawrence Chamblee.

Richard, you were quick to criticize back in early 2016. Has it been long enough in late 2019?
Bob Kuczewski

Re: Appeal to USHPA Region 3 Director Ken Andrews

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

How much time Richard?

Oh, never mind.