ROME'S FAKLLING APART

Please tell what happened and how it might have been avoided. Names should be ommitted. This forum should help others learn from mistakes that caused or nearly caused a mishap.
Rome Dodson

ROME'S FAKLLING APART

Post by Rome Dodson »

if you haven't noticed i didn't fly for 5 months, in march i had walking pnumonia, still short of breath i had a ekg and cat scan, the found i had fibrosis (scar tissue in the lungs, not caused by smoking) all my life i have been neglectful of wearing a mask when i should have. i flew 3 weeks ago and again 1 week ago in 100+ heat, (dumb) it took me 1&1/2 to break down.us 5s'ers are falling apart, but at 81 and 10 12ths, i still feel lucky. so take a word from the unwise ,wear a mask when you know you should!! rome
DrJeff

Rome's wiseom

Post by DrJeff »

Hey Rome,
Thanks for the wise words. And I am sure we all hope to be half as good as you at your age! Hang in there and I hope that some helpful treatments turn up!

Dr. Jeff
Jeff Bjorck
www.purepiano.com ~quiet music to calm the heart in a noisy world~
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

When Rome says "wear a mask when you should", he is referring to wearing a dust mask when sanding or whatever other activity you might be doing that exposes your lungs to dust.

Rome flew again yesterday and had a really good flight. The weather was great.
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

hey rome! NEVER let a daunting break-down stand in the way of a flight! if i'm around, i will happily take down your glider! all you have to do in return is NOT play "dr. laura's radio show" in my presence! on-going offer! lol
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
Rome Dodson

dr. laura

Post by Rome Dodson »

but janyce, those who don't listen to dr.laura need it the most! rome