Safety Review Board

Please tell what happened and how it might have been avoided. Names should be ommitted. This forum should help others learn from mistakes that caused or nearly caused a mishap.
Steve90266

Safety Review Board

Post by Steve90266 »

Hey Gang,

Thanks to all who supported me in my appointment as Safety Director for the SHGA. I will do my best.

As a first step, I propose to create a Safety Review Board. The purpose of this board will be to research mishaps/incidents as they occur, and come up with findings and recommendations that will further promote the safety of our club members.

The philosophy behind our research, findings and recommendations will demand the highest regard for the people involved. Respect and anonymity will be watch words.

As such, I am looking for 5 volunteers to be members of this board. H-2, H-3, and H-4 pilots are welcome. I would also request one member of the Windsports staff to be a member.

Please send me a direct email at Steve90266@gmail.com or post here if you are interested in participating. Thanks.

Steve M.
Steve Murillo
Steve90266

Safety Review Board

Post by Steve90266 »

The Safety Review Board is complete:
1. Jonathan Dietch
2. Andy Beem
3. Robb Derringer
4. Richard Shaw
5. Michael Bastan

Thanks for stepping up, guys. I promise no long meetings.

Steve
Steve Murillo
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

I believe that one of the things that will help the legitimacy of this board would to encourage ALL members to become OBSERVERS.

As the safety officer, I think that would be one thing that you could do to make being a member of the safety board actually even more meaningful.
Busto

Post by Busto »

Busto

Post by Busto »

Chip,

I think your idea is cool, but how would this be carried out.