R/C Aircraft flown in the LZ can present a hazard

Please tell what happened and how it might have been avoided. Names should be ommitted. This forum should help others learn from mistakes that caused or nearly caused a mishap.
jdevorak

Post by jdevorak »

In that there is endless debate in this club and nothing is ever done until some member steps up to the plate, I have taken on the resolution of this particular problem. At my own expense I have hired Agent Walker to fix the problem. There is no need for new rules. He can’t read anyway. Sunday, his first day on the job, he took out two of the pesky buggers without breaking a pant. The owners spent a half hour revitalizing their planes and he got them again within seconds. He is very persistent. Neither is he influenced by politics. He will stand up to the president as well as the lowly electrician. The only downside is that we have to find something else to do when it’s not flyable and before the wife calls. :roll:
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
Steve90266

RC Aircraft

Post by Steve90266 »

:P :D :)
Steve Murillo
skygeek AKA Seabass

Post by skygeek AKA Seabass »

I say we get a potato launcher take out the planes first then the pilots for the fun of it but leave the dog for questioning.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Steve,

I am fine with adding your first 3 guidlines (not rules) and tossing out old guidline #1. Old guildline numbers 2 and 3 were put there because of sensitive neighbors in the houses immediately west of our approach. Because this condition still exists, we should also modify your guildline stating allowable times to start at 9 am, not sunrise, out of consideration for our neighbors.

I know this makes for a lot of guidlines but there are good reasons for all; and nobody HAS to enforce them becuase they are not rules. A gentle reminder of the "guidlines" is all anyone should need as we do forget sometimes.
JD

Post by JD »

BudRob wrote:....I know this makes for a lot of guidlines but there are good reasons for all; and nobody HAS to enforce them becuase they are not rules....
I'm all for guidelines over rules. The sport thrives on self-regulation, cooperation and above all: Common Sense.
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

yes, indeed! kill the rules. allow right-minded reasonable men the chance to self-regulate with guidelines...
the free-est sport in the world deserves to END if it bogs itself down with RULES and REGULATIONS! Irony 101!!!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
Don

Rules vs. Common Sense

Post by Don »

There are "Rules" aka LAWs because "Common Sense" isn't very common.
gregangsten

clearances

Post by gregangsten »

How about dropping the 1/4 mile part which seems unnecessary and just leave it at 500 ft. AGL.
Steve90266

R/C Aircraft

Post by Steve90266 »

All good thoughts. I'll keep the floor open for another week or so, then we'll draw this debate to a close. Thanks, everyone.
Steve Murillo
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Possibly the powered harnesses should be allowed to land here quietly. It never made sense to me why they couldn't.