Invested $5300.00,
asking $3975.00

"Stay High"
Delta

Sport 2 135

Post by Delta »

I have seen an add identical to your glider posted on the uk website
http://www.skyads.aero/ad-category/hang-gliders/
skyads. I phoned the person selling the glider as I was very intereted and they say they imported from California however I am suspicious after communications with them and also finding your add where your asking price in USD equates to nearly double their asking price in GBP.

If I can confirm that this is a scam I will take steps to get the adds taken off the skads site.

Best Regards,

Niall
Mike M
Site Admin

Post by Mike M »

Hi Niall:

You can usually ferret out a scammer just by asking a couple of direct hang gliding related questions. Very few non-pilots are familiar with the vernacular. You could also ask a nonsense question and see how the seller responds. i.e. What's the condition of the leading edge torsion bar? If he answers "Fine" you've got your answer.

This really has a bad feel about it.
Why would someone import a glider to Britain and sell it within 6 months?
Why for half the selling price?
Why not use your own picture?

I would PM the seller, but this just feels wrong. Even the user ID is just suspicious. Why "Shoppack"? Most pilots either use something straightforward or flying related. That's a nonsense name.

Regards,

Mike
Delta

Post by Delta »

Hi Mike,

"A bank transfer deposit payment must be paid to our company bank account before inspection/collection"

"We also offer 6 months warranty of these hang glider"

"We accept bank to bank wire transfer or MoneyGram as payment and we ship via DHL carrier within 48hours to your shipping address location"

Scam warning for the same seller Bryan D
http://www.howzit.co.za/stuff-for-sale/ ... phone.html

He has attractively priced gliders listed on other websites with email adresses containing 'shoppack'.

I have passed this information along to Skyads. If it seems to good to be true ....

Many Thanks,

Niall
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Mike M wrote:Hi Niall:

You can usually ferret out a scammer just by asking a couple of direct hang gliding related questions. Very few non-pilots are familiar with the vernacular. You could also ask a nonsense question and see how the seller responds. i.e. What's the condition of the leading edge torsion bar? If he answers "Fine" you've got your answer.

This really has a bad feel about it.
Why would someone import a glider to Britain and sell it within 6 months?
Why for half the selling price?
Why not use your own picture?

I would PM the seller, but this just feels wrong. Even the user ID is just suspicious. Why "Shoppack"? Most pilots either use something straightforward or flying related. That's a nonsense name.

Regards,

Mike
Unless this guy's from the future, the fact he's calling it a Sport 3 is quite a giveaway.