2nd Annual Summer Comp ????

Moderator: Comp Committee

Don

2nd Annual Summer Comp ????

Post by Don »

I personally didn't think last year's Summer Comp was all that successful since so few participated - HOWEVER ...

There seems to be some interest so I'm willing to do it again.

I'm thinking of making a few MINOR changes so that if someone misses one of the Sub Comps they are not completely out of the Money. :D

What I would like - especially from those that participated or wanted to participate in last year's event - is realistic suggestions on modificiations to the Comp. And - NO - significant increases in the prize money is not consider a "realistic suggestion". :D

Also hoping that more pilots will participate - remember, this event is open to H2s (with Instructor sign-off), H3s, and even H4s.

Please submit you comments in the next week or two.
Frederick

On-line racing

Post by Frederick »

I really like the posting of results on-line, so it makes it more of a head to head competition despite flying on different days. And I really like bragging about my own flights, so on-line gives me more reach for that.

I thought it was a nice chunk of prize money last year and I was happy to win a chunk -- Malury and I tied.

I'm not a huge fan of catering to those who don't fly the whole 3x3week series, because I heard no good reasons last year for why folks didn't. It was more that they didn't think of it/think it was real, were unsure about competiting in the death-defying sport. But maybe splitting off a tiny bit of the cash for stage winners is nice. You get a little something (and maybe a glass of milk) if you win the day in the tour of France bike race. Just enough to take eurethropoetin for.

And PS, I took your Avitar picture, Don! (Greblo took mine, after bringing me a jug of water while I was learning to flat-land take-off on El Mirage).
Malury

Summer Comp.

Post by Malury »

Here is an Idea...Charge a nominal fee to enter a segment of the comp. ($5-$10) Then let the segment winner keep the $$$ Or add the entry fees to the final prizes. Would this encourage participation or would it discourage cheap-ass pilots? I'm not sure.
Christian

Post by Christian »

Sure you want to include H4s? Conflicts with Chip's Sylmar Race Series (see sticky)?

Keeping it Intermediate/Novice w/signoff only would simplify the handicapping.
BJ Strand

Post by BJ Strand »

Don,

All of the newer H-2's I've spoken with are pretty excited to participate. We were all just learning over the winter and spring. That should be 5 more competitors at least for this year's competition.

Have you planned the dates for the 3 sub-comps this year?

Thanks!