SIBL Ball Drop, Sat 3/17/12

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Lynn McLaughlin

SIBL Ball Drop, Sat 3/17/12

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Sylmarians,

We need volunteers to support the annual SIBL Ball Drop. This event takes place mid-morning and wraps up approx. 12noon so there is still time to fly the afternoon if conditions permit.

Here's what we need:
1) 9am
Ride up to launch for Andy Been. Assist between launch and ground crew

2) 10am - approx 12noon
Three volunteers to act as crowd control. One of the three needs to be comfortable interfacing with the Pres. of SIBL and whomever is the Emcee for the stage presentation.

3) After the ball drop, retrieve the parachute from the kid who catches the ball and return it to Andy Beem.

All volunteers need to be on radio

Please contact me directly if you can help with any/all of these tasks.

Thanks!

~L
gregangsten

Postponed

Post by gregangsten »

Postponed and rescheduled for Saturday, March 24. Maybe this time we'll beat the rain.
Lynn McLaughlin

Sylmarians,

We still need ground crew volunteers for the SIBL Ball Drop this coming Saturday.

This is an easy, fun event that wraps up around 12noon, leaving plenty of time for an afternoon flight.

Please contact me if you can help...

Lynn
beemer

sylmar ball drop

Post by beemer »

We still need a few people to help secure a safe place for me to land after the ball is dropped and to help on radio to let me know when they want me to launch. Thank you,Andy
beemer

sylmar ball drop

Post by beemer »

We still need a few people to help secure a safe place for me to land after the ball is dropped and to help on radio to let me know when they want me to launch. Thank you,Andy
jdevorak

Post by jdevorak »

I can help. I have previous experience.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
gregangsten

volunteers

Post by gregangsten »

I will be there by 10AM. Orian should be there too so we should be good, especially if Jay is there as well.
Lynn McLaughlin

Thanks you guys... really appreciate you stepping up.

Figure out, among you, who will be the contact person between the program on stage and timing the pilot to launch. The others (also on radio) will manage crowd control. Don't forget to get the parachute from the kid who catches the ball. Sometimes they want the pilot to sign the ball.