Thanksgiving party

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

gregangsten

Thanksgiving party

Post by gregangsten »

Well, it was a very good time. Sorry everyone couldn't make it but those that did all agreed it was the best. It didn't work out well as a club meeting because there was too much noise and everybody was having too much fun to bother with it, but what the heck.

Some pictures here courtesy of Jim T.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

BTW, If you forgot to make a donation (or never saw the box) and want to, you can still send some money to shgapaynow@gmail.com via paypal. Thanks to Cyndia, Katherine and especially Lynn for making it all happen.
JD

Post by JD »

Best SHGA holiday party I've attended. It would be great if we could do something at a different location around LA each year. With the proliferation of craft brewing operations perhaps the club can keep the same theme indefinitely. Without further adieu, here are the photos I took of the tour: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Fat Fred

Post by Fat Fred »

Please keep in mind that this brewery setup is thanks to Rob Burgis with his son as a part owner of the brewery. We were treated as royalty because of them.

-Fred-
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Fred You're correct... we were treated very well. Paul and GR were very gracious. And, it's been a mutually benefical relationship between SHGA and Golden Road on several levels.

As you may recall, they launched their new beer (with hang glider on it) at our LZ. When they offered to pay to rent the space I suggested we do a trade-out: Instead of receiving a "donation" we would hold our Holiday/Thanksgiving party at Golden Road. In my mind a trade-out made the kind of event I wanted for SHGA affordable. And, it would allow us to have a nicer party than anything we've ever had. Sure enough we did!

I think our days of Rec Centers are over. Holding a family friendly, grown up party (read: catered and alcohol legal) is a better fit for SHGA. I also note that our group enjoys some sort of activity. There are a lot of cools places in the LA area (other breweries, museums, vineyards...) that I will explore for next year. Our biggest hurdle will be limited budget. But it's still worth exploring. Suggestions are welcome.