SHGA Holiday Party - Final Details!

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Frederick

SHGA Holiday Party - Final Details!

Post by Frederick »

Here's the skinny on Saturday's party:

It's a full POTLUCK: we need all food and drinks brought (and it's a no-alcohol facility).

Approximate schedule:

4pm setup (we need 3-4 strong folks at 4:30 to help with tables)
6pm Arrive & Cutter on Piano & Dinner
7:30 Business meeting
8:00 Surprise Roast
8:30 Awards (sign up to give an award when you arrive)
9pm Videos and Photos from 2006
9:45 clean up

* Instead of a toy drive, this year we're taking donations for the fund for families of those Sylmar fireman who lost their lives in the fire this Fall, at this party. Please consider making a donation in support of this need in our community.

** We need 3-4 strong people to show up at 4:30 to help set up the rented tables. Please respond to me ASAP

More on the Awards:
In addition to the surprise Pelican Roast event, we will also honor the soon to be passed year 2006 by having presentations of 2006 AWARDS of DUBIOUS DISTINCTION !

Here's how that will work: you tell me who you want to present an award to and I'll provide you with some glittery award kind of thing. You get to tell the story/present the award. These could be for all kinds of things - feats, accomplishments, quotes...! (Imagine if our club ever had things like mid-air collisions, failed modified basetubes, or failed modified harnesses). Lets give out our 2006 recognition where it is deserved, and before Christmas!

If you want photographic support for your award (i.e. prints of electronic photos, or projected up on a screen), I can arrange that for you too.
Last edited by Frederick on Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Don

Party Refreshments

Post by Don »

A little off the subject - BUT - I will bring several ice chests with ice cold soda and bottled water.
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Don,

You read my mind and thank you very much! I think we will have close to 70 people this year, much like last year...

Freddy et al,

In previous years, we've done a toy drive. Would anyone be willing/able to gather toys and make sure they are delivered, on behlaf of SHGA, to the local Fire station in Sylmar? If not, that is fine. There are other opportunities to give. For example, we Club members may want instead, to pass around a hat (or have a donation jar available) for the families of lost Firefighters in the recent Esperanza fire.

With Spirit for the Holidays,

Lynn
Frederick

Fireman's Fund

Post by Frederick »

You psychic gal... last night we thought it should be a Firefighter's Fund collection this year, at the party. Someone's getting me details that I'll be advertising.
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

I have some videos. email me if you want me to bring them.

[email protected]
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

We are trying to gather videos and digital photos from club members for our Christmas Party evening. If you have anything you don't mind to share with your fellow pilots and friends, please contact me or Freddy. DVD, VHS or digital photos, whatever format. 2006 year.
Thanks.
Vrezh.
[email protected]
323-365-6113 cell