Labor Day at Crestline

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Labor Day at Crestline

Post by Ken Andrews »

There's a movement afoot for a trip to Crestline over Labor Day weekend. It could be a two-day trip, with flying on Saturday and Sunday, and camping overnight at the Cross Country Ranch right next to the LZ. They have a great pond for swimming, a unique shower that gets positive reviews, WiFi, potable water, etc. It's an H3/P3 site, or H2/P2 with instructor approval. One could probably work that out with Rob McKenzie, or maybe with Joe Greblo with a little arm-twisting.

Depending on who's interested, we can arrange car-pooling and glider transport accordingly. Who's in for both days? Or just one day or the other?
TerryH

Post by TerryH »

Noel and I were planning to fly at Andy Jackson on Sunday already.
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Belated Crestline plans

Post by Ken Andrews »

Here are the responses I've received...

Possible Saturday/Sunday overnight: Ken, Janyce, Marshall
Saturday only: Katherine, Lisa
Sunday only: Terry, Noel
Maybe Sunday: Don

Given the lukewarm response for the overnight possiblity (and my own overall stress level), I'm fence-sitting about the overnight option, and would be satisfied to fly Crestline on Saturday only. Janyce and Marshall, you could persuade me either way on this one.

This much I do know. Let's plan to meet in the Sylmar LZ at 9:30 on Saturday morning. We'll load gliders and depart 9:45ish, and tradition says that we pick up sandwiches at ToGo's or some equivalent on the way in to Crestline. That puts us in the Andy Jackson LZ a little before noon. Supposing that both Katherine and I drive, that means we have five people and two vehicles, so running a turn-around would be straightforward. Then one or both vehicles returns to Sylmar on Saturday evening.

Whaddyathink?