Beach Party Food-related sign-up sheet

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Frederick

Beach Party Food-related sign-up sheet

Post by Frederick »

Wasn't that the greatest day last year?! The ocean swimming was tops! I'm going to organize the cooking again this year (and increase the quantities, so we can actually all eat). I thought it was great that people brought more-interesting side dishes, to augment the more-predictable ones I'll get at that commercial store.

You can email me from this site (button below), telling me what you'd like to help with. I'll update the table below as responses come in.

Pick something you will do:

__X_ (Larry Chamblee) Bring grill #1
__X_ (Greg Angston) Bring gas grill #2 (there's one at the LZ to be brought)
__X_ (Steve Clark) Bring grill #3

__X__ (BJ Strand) Bring food tables - he's bringing 6!

__X_ (Rob Burgis) Purchase drinks and Ice 1 (I'll be able to tell you the # to buy for, and it'll be on the club)
__X_ (Greg Angston) Purchase drinks and Ice 2

__X_ (Rob Burgis) Bring cooler #1
__X_ (Katherine Yardley) Bring cooler #2
__X_ (Greg Angsten) Bring cooler #3

__X_ (Freddy Wagner) Purchase grillables and sides & silverware, etc

__X_ (Terry Watson) Bring 2-4 Sun Canopies from the LZ

___X_ (John Riedel) 6pm Food Breakdown person 1
____ 6pm Food Breakdown person 2
____ 6pm Food Breakdown person 3

__X_ (Glenn Smith) Cook 1 (Food serving 4 - 6pm)
__X_ (Rome Dodson) Cook 2
__X_ (Steve Clark or related) Cook 3

Other Food things:
__X_ (Toby Fazio) homemade carrot bread (!)
__X_ (Greg Kendall) orzo pasta and sparkling water (!)
Last edited by Frederick on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 16 times in total.
addicted2climbing

beer allowed?

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hello,

Beer and flying dont mix too well, but I was sure if it is allowed at the party or if standard beach rules apply. If it is allowed my dad is a homebrewer and i could bring some with me. He even has a portable bar with 13 different taps, but that is a bit overkill I think.

Otherwise i will bring some food item. I am not a member yet, but plan to join in the next month or so. For now all my mad money is going to equipment and lessons.

best regards,

Marc
Don

beer

Post by Don »

Beer is NOT legal on the beach - BUT - it is legal in the Sylmar LZ and I'm sure you would make a "big hit" with many members of the club. :?

Seriously, no beer at the beach. Your interest in getting involved is greatly appreciated.
addicted2climbing

Just reread my pust and I meant unsure it was allowed and not sure it was allowed. Anyhow, thanks for clearing that up and I will bring something else.

Marc
Frederick

Beer

Post by Frederick »

Yea, there's an LA County Beaches rule against alcohol, and we appreciate their letting us use that fabulous training site. Perhaps you should save that for the Dahlsten Cup on the 22nd!
WingNutz

Post by WingNutz »

I'll bring two coolers and my Weber charcoal grill.

Last year I brought an 8-foot table, which worked pretty well for food service. Want it?

Mr Second-Place Trophy in Rigid Wing Class,
Hang-On Competition, Woodrat Mtn. OR
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
Frederick

Fantabulous!

Post by Frederick »

Hey that's great!! I think we don't need the table this year because BJ is bringing I think 6 of them -- lots. But the grill is fabulous (I've been worried. I'll pick up coal in tomorrow night's shopping run.

Congrats on the comp flying!

- F
Steve Clark

Post by Steve Clark »

Hey,

I have a grill I can bring, also have a cooler. My oldest daughter and her Boyfriend are willing to help cook. Have you rounded up a Batso repair dude? If not I am willing to give it a shot.

My party will consist of 6 or 7 people all of which would probably be willing to help out one way or another.

Steve
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

How do we reach this guy, "Addicted to Climbing?"

He has home brew and I know some pilots who, when they are finished flying, would LOVE to compare recipes. Especially after flying the Dahlsten Cup comp.
addicted2climbing

Well I never thought homebrew would be so important. Actualy it is my dad who is the brewer, but I may be able to convince him to bring some. I had planned on hanging out in th LZ on one of the days and will bring him with me if he does not have any plans.

He is really into brewing and makes some seriously good stuff from scratch. No extracts and his brewing system makes 35 gallons at a time. We are into R/C soaring and every October we fly at the Visalia Fall Festival and my dad brings a portable bar with 13 different beers on tap. He brews all summer long just to get all the beers for this one competition. I will see if he can set asside a keg or two for the cup.

Best regards,

Marc Webster
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Thanks! That's very nice of you. Please do invite your family and friends to come and enjoy the comp, BBQ and Chili Cookoff.