HUNGARY JOE'S RLF CLINIC POSTPONED

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

jcflies

HUNGARY JOE'S RLF CLINIC POSTPONED

Post by jcflies »

until 3/15 and 3/16--
because of expected nw winds over the weekend and a conflict with the windsports trip to garlock, the rlf clinic this weekend (3/1 and 3/2) is postponed.
instead, hungary joe is going to do the rlf clinic on the weekend of 3/15/ and 3/16. if we get rained / blown out, then it will be on the following weekend, 3/22 and 3/23. Clinic will include a ground school, and 4 flights with a video and analysis of every appx. and landing, tour of emergency landing zones between west towers and big t (west side one day, east side the next), a celebratory barbecue on sunday, and sign-offs. The entire clinic will cost $120, beginning on saturday at 8:00 am, and on sunday at 9:30 am.

(if it's a NE day, then we'll do restricted landings at ave s.)
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

oops--forgot to add that you can confirm your participation here, or by contacting hungary joe (joe@hungaryjoe.com) or janyce (janyce@mac.com).
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
Don

RLF Clinic

Post by Don »

I'm still interested.
Steve90266

the 2 days are mandatory for sign off

Post by Steve90266 »

I just spoke to Hungary Joe. You must complete ground school and the 3 flights to get signed off. This will take both days. In case of inclement weather, the clinic will go next week end.
Steve Murillo
Malury

RLFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Post by Malury »

Hungary said he will do the RLF training this weekend, April 12-13 if enough pilots show an interest. This is the place to do it. Sign up!
Don

RLF Clinic

Post by Don »

I'm still interested (must sound like I'm repeating myself :? )
AlC

RLF Status

Post by AlC »

Did this happen (I'm betting not). I was "in" for the first couple of re-schedules but not available the past 3 weeks.

If another date is planned I would still be interested, schedule permittng.

- Alan
Don

RLF Clinic

Post by Don »

Alan,

You are correct - the RLF did NOT take place.

Hungry Joe needs a minimum of 6 people (8 max). I'm still interested and Malury is also. Between the uncooperative weather and people's schedules it has been difficult/impossible to put it together.

I believe Malury is not available one or both days the last weekend of April, I'm not available the 2nd and 3rd weekend of May. Richard Shaw won't have a glider until June/July.

Don't want to discourage you if you are interested in trying to put this together but you can see the logicistical problem. :?
ericbrown

Post by ericbrown »

i'm still interested too. i've been crazy with work but hopefully whatever weekend it ends up being i'll be free.
Malury

Post by Malury »

It turns out that I can make it on April 26 or 27th, the first weekend of may is good for me too.